Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Citroen website shows they are offering C-Zeros for £16,416.

Not the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, but still interesting perhaps.

If you were looking for an agile city runabout would this suit? I suppose the competition would be the SmartEV (discontinued) and the Zoe. In the past the narrow profile, high price and poor reviews put me off the iMiEV and its variants. Does anyone have here have any experience of them?

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
Hi, I drive a C-Zero and they are not bad. I would never, ever deal with Citroen again though! I would rather sell my first-born to a dog-food factory.

However I am intrigued to know where you got this £16k price.

When I looked just now, this is what I found:
C-Zero.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
I've been reading a lot of negative comments about i-miev also, the most of them were from USA. When I started to dig deeper I found a lot of positive comments from Canada.
I ended up in having the Peugeot iOn, technically same as i-miev or c-zero. Very happy about it (even in comparison to my ICE lexus), even been on holiday 400miles away from home with it. Very reliable so far, quiet, and funny, attractive for some people, especially women:D
I stopped to buy the cars by how they look like after Aixam Mega City. When I realised that the car is just way to get from a to b:)
There are some ion's on autotrader for a few thousand pounds. Nearly new, I heard that some Cornwall dealerships got them from London as London dealerships didn't really show the interest in selling them.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I think you'll find that's an old page. I enquired about that offer a year ago and they had all been sold by the end of September. Citroen London West had the last four demo fleet C Zeroes up for sale and ours is one of those.

Over the 12 months it has been absolutely faultless and a joy to own. The only limitations (windows steaming up, cold in winter) result from our choice to give up comfort in favour of maximum range.

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
Seems odd to have the high price as a big headline on the main page, then have to dig for this massive offer!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stopped to buy the cars by how they look like after Aixam Mega City. When I realised that the car is just way to get from a to b:)
I find the look of the iMiEV/Ion/C-zero very attractive. It has some lovely curves. But as you say, it is for driving, not for looking at. There is a Canadian video on youtube showing how much DIY stuff you can get in the back which is also impressive.

Is the AC charger 10A only with a brick?

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Is the AC charger 10A only with a brick?
As supplied yes. We charge ours from the installed wall charger. The car draws 16A at the start and is usually fully charged in about five and a half hours. Except in summer when it's better to charge using the EVSE at the lower rate using solar PV generation.

·
Registered
427 Posts
To be honest I don't know as I bought mine from nuWorldenergy:) charged at home just 4 times so far:) mine has 6a and10a settings

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts
The Citroen website shows they are offering C-Zeros for £16,416.

Not the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, but still interesting perhaps.

If you were looking for an agile city runabout would this suit? I suppose the competition would be the SmartEV (discontinued) and the Zoe. In the past the narrow profile, high price and poor reviews put me off the iMiEV and its variants. Does anyone have here have any experience of them?
I had one on a weeks test drive. It manages to do all the things a car needs to do, but it is based on a very low cost car platform. It's probably in the same sort of class as a Dacia Sandero or Nissan Pixo.

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I had one on a weeks test drive. It manages to do all the things a car needs to do, but it is based on a very low cost car platform. It's probably in the same sort of class as a Dacia Sandero or Nissan Pixo.
Ouch! That's a bit harsh, Edd. It's built in Japan, not a developing country; the panel gaps are narrow; the paint is good; the trim doesn't buzz or rattle. Toyota Aygo, Renault Twingo or Smart for Two would be better reference points in my view.

The C Zero is actually curiously specced. It has climate control, an RDS stereo with Bluetooth, and leather clad steering wheel and gear selector. It appears to have been targeted towards wealthy urban London commuters who would have justified the £30k outlay new with their savings on Congestion Charge and fuel.

·
Registered
Peugeot iON 2013, Renault Zoe 50 2020
404 Posts
We like our Peugeot ion - we paid £13k brand new (from the dealer in Cornwall that bought up loads of them - C-Zeros too). They are by far the most common EV in this part of the world, and well suited to the narrow lanes and twisty roads.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Turned up for the test drive. Oh we don't do those but we can order from the factory it takes about 10 months.
I didn't feel let down as I did not really believe that they had one for me to try.
Are there any dealers here who could let me test drive the C0 or imiev or the other one? Say within 100 miles of Birmingham?

·
Driving yet another EV!
2,578 Posts
I would never buy from Citroen again... why?

Well, as just a taster, I was told (like many it seems) that EVs are really cheap to service. However this is not true (at least if it is a Citroen EV). My little EV costs £235.22 to service, yet if I had gone for something else it would probably have been cheaper. Let's take for example a Mitsubishi Shogun, well the dealer servicing price for that is £190.

Could I go somewhere else? Not if I want to keep my warranty (it's a lease car so less option). The next nearest approved Citroen dealer is 160 miles away. And what did Citroen Customer Services say when I queried this?

CitroenReply.png

Edit:It gets worse!! If I go to either of the other two EV-approved Citroen dealers in Scotland, they want £359.99 for a service!

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Was there an option to use either a Peugeot or Mitsubishi dealer? Citroen would never be able to claim that they weren't competent as it's the same car.

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
Turned up for the test drive. Oh we don't do those but we can order from the factory it takes about 10 months.
I didn't feel let down as I did not really believe that they had one for me to try.
Are there any dealers here who could let me test drive the C0 or imiev or the other one? Say within 100 miles of Birmingham?
There are 7 Peugeot Ion's advertised on Autotrader. One of the main Peugeot dealers is shown as 95 Miles from a Birmingham postcode I used: http://www.howardsgroup.co.uk/used-cars/peugeot-ion

The group has 4 listed. Two are in Yeovil, one in Taunton and one in Weston-Super-Mare. The two of them at £6,999 look a bit of a bargain?

11 Plate with 7,000 miles for £6,999.

As these are 2nd hand stock they should be available for test drive.

HTH

Derek

Reactions: John2
1 - 20 of 98 Posts