Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wonderful C-Zero needed its annual service and its first MOT. My supplying dealer called me to remind me and to ensure I had the brake recall done. They couldn't have been more helpful, offering me a courtesy car for two days (the car has to be fully discharged and recharged). Even better, the maintenance package that was included when we bought the car covers everything!

On Monday I took the car in. An accident on the motorway added an hour to my journey and service reception was like checking in for a Ryanair flight! :( I had to wait 20 minutes to sign two forms and hand my keys over.

The courtesy car was a DS3 in black with a purple roof and mirrors (hmm). The fuel gauge showed empty with range remaining of 24 miles and the low fuel light lit. 24 miles? Luxury!

I stopped at the first petrol station and put in 5 litres which I reckoned would do me for the 32 mile round trip to the dealership. Interestingly, it didn't register on the fuel gauge. The range remaining dropped to 18 and then to '--'. Every few minutes there's a bong and a 'very low fuel' warning on the dashboard display. But otherwise, it's not a bad car considering it's a petrol manual. I'm planning on taking the jerry can I use for the lawn mower with me when I return the car in case it's not bluffing!

I'd heard nothing by 4 pm this afternoon (they had promised to call me when the car was ready). I was told it was all done and was on charge for me to pick up in the morning. Hang on – I'll be half way to Manchester on a Virgin Pendolino when they open in the morning. I said the earliest I could bring the courtesy car back was Friday, but they are welcome to bring mine back and collect their's tomorrow. A call back later and they have extended my courtesy car to Friday.

So a bit more hassle than I'd like but I'm fairly happy that they've been pragmatic. Hopefully they've done a good job on the car.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Strange, I had same recall for my iOn, but they changed brake pump within an hour. Another recall was something to do with battery BMS, but they just installed updates and gave the iOn back after 2 hours.
I needed to give the car twice, because they didn't get the part in the time.
Both times the car been vacuumed and washed (curious how did they manage to change pump (checked - it's new, metal color, before was black plastic) and vallet the car within 45mins:D
And I wasn't very happy with pollen filter change, it was extra £60 and nobody didn't mention before about it that it must to be changed every annual check.
My first MOT due in March:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts