Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my C200DE for nearly 6 months now, and my battery range is only ever between 19 to 22 miles. I don’t mean actual range, I mean the range displayed in the car. Actual range is maybe 10-12 miles I would say.

I charged it up once in the first few weeks and the range said 24. I’ve never seen that since. The range is supposed to be 35, and some reviews report getting close to 30 actual miles.

So what’s going on with mine? Does the battery need to bed in? Do I have to condition it somehow?

I’ve got an Ohme charger and have played with all the settings, and the car display shows 100% charge in the morning when I get in.

Just wondering if I should book it in with a Merc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I’ve had my C200DE for nearly 6 months now, and my battery range is only ever between 19 to 22 miles. I don’t mean actual range, I mean the range displayed in the car. Actual range is maybe 10-12 miles I would say.

I charged it up once in the first few weeks and the range said 24. I’ve never seen that since. The range is supposed to be 35, and some reviews report getting close to 30 actual miles.

So what’s going on with mine? Does the battery need to bed in? Do I have to condition it somehow?

I’ve got an Ohme charger and have played with all the settings, and the car display shows 100% charge in the morning when I get in.

Thanks.
You may have to find out how to reset the battery.

·
Registered
Audi eTron 55
1,060 Posts

Thanks.
No personal experience of the "de" model, but the (previous, petrol) C350e was notoriously bad for electric range. As low as 7 miles was considered typical on owners' forums. Don't think Mercedes have got this right yet, by the sound of it...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Mercedes C300DE that is now 14 months old and mine also shows 22 miles of range when fully charged but increase to 24 miles when climate control is turned off. I find this range extends whilst driving economically gaining 6 or 7 miles. My work is 15 miles away with 70% dual carriageway and in the warmer months I can do this on one charge ( I can charge at work for free). Winter months would leave me 5 or 6 miles short but then the ice would take up the short fall. I had a Volkswagen Passat gte before this car and had exactly the same trait, range would tell me that I had 30 miles but on driving just the one 15 mile run to work it show that had 4 miles of range left!. (winter months). So I found the Mercedes gom more accurate. The Mercedes is a lovely car to drive with lots of performance and very happy with it.
Ps didn't know Mercedes made a C200de?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I have it booked in to be looked at. A collage has the same car and his range shows between 27 and 32 mikes when full!
:-/

And yes, typo on the variant, had C200’s for donkeys years LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts