Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know exactly where the cabin filter sits and how to access it? I presume it's under the black plastic trim at the base of the windscreen, but don't want to start disassembling stuff unnecessarily if I can help it!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Its down in the area of the glovebox, there's a video on canZE but that's a LHD ….
Pollen filter

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, CanZE, the source of all truth! :D

Thanks @Mo1, that has definitely saved me unnecessarily dismantling things under the bonnet! :eek::)

Looks a bit tight in there though! He had to really tug to get that out. Not sure how easy it'll be to push another paper filter back in there...

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is not behind the glovebox. The video was for a LHD car
On RHD cars it is close to the brake pedal.
looking from the R at the central console there is a panel towards the bottom of the console.
pull this off and the filter is at the front of what you see.
If you search yahoo for replace cabin filter renault zoe you will find another video which demonstrates
what I have said above.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Where are you getting your filter from?

According to My Renault it is required every service to change the cabin filter.

Sure Renault labour will make it an expensive piece of paper :(

Simon

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,504 Posts
It is not that expensive @ Renault. From memory it is something like 27 euro. Of course you can have MUCH cheaper ones online. Changing it is not required, but they might simply do it without asking. I've seen mine come out and it wasn't pretty. So my advice is to do it (either dealer or DIY)

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,504 Posts
I am very, very reluctantly posting this. And maybe I shouldn't......

@VaclavH may I humbly suggest to limit the rattle posts to one thread? IMHO it gets a bit old, the point is made (extensively) in several threads now and the only thing that can come from it is people jumping on the bandwagon and derailing the original subject of a thread. It also makes finding peoples suggestions on how to address some rattles harder to find. Something I think you don't want either.

And yes I do understand the ROFL icon and all.:)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am very, very reluctantly posting this. And maybe I shouldn't......

@VaclavH may I humbly suggest to limit the rattle posts to one thread? IMHO it gets a bit old, the point is made (extensively) in several threads now and the only thing that can come from it is people jumping on the bandwagon and derailing the original subject of a thread. It also makes finding peoples suggestions on how to address some rattles harder to find. Something I think you don't want either.

And yes I do understand the ROFL icon and all.:)
if you posted this then there is defo risk of other people thinking the same so in the interest of the community, I will be mindful of that....cheers

apologies

·
Registered
347 Posts
Whilst wondering what to buy my wife for Christmas I thought as it is now due for replacement what about a nice new cabin filter:rolleyes: So I bought this one from eBay Mann CU25012 Cabin Filter Element Flat 35mm Height 250mm Length 180mm Width | eBay and wrapped it nicely, unfortunately she was less than impressed.
However when I fitted it this morning and showed her the state of the old one she was quite amazed.

New filter.
IMG_20181226_104020 (1).jpg

Old filter
IMG_20181226_105101.jpg

Her birthday is next week so I have just ordered these:rolleyes: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LWPJF1J/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,528 Posts
That old filter is the activated carbon version. It's quite good at filtering out pollution and smells. :)

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,220 Posts
The MANN Frecious Plus is a great filter - I have one in my Zoe. it doesn't seem to let any smell through.

Great video too.
Yes the new The MANN Frecious Plus filter is Great and as you say it donesn't let any smell Through ! :)

Cabin Filter shipped from France for £14.65 including postage
Video was from Coastal EV ( Youtuber )

Purchased this from Amazon:
Viro One Shot Plus Air Conditioning System Disinfection 100ml £5.19 including p&p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Normfest-2...cleaner&qid=1559880372&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0

·
Premium Member
11,588 Posts
I struggled to get the cover off the filter as the video didn't make it clear there was a catch at the bottom you need to pull down. See photo below.

zoe-filter-1.jpg

I wasn't planning on changing the filter and I think the state of the old one below shows that I didn't need to. However, I'm told the MANN Frecious Plus one is better than OEM and it didn't cost much.

zoe-filter-2.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts