Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help with advice on how to change the cabin filter. Have seen some other threads saying it's easy. I like to change it every year at least regardless of service shedule as I used to on my Rovers. Renault which I have now though are virtually impossible for diy as the car is designed as lhd and filter in UK cars requires removal of clutch pedal. Have seen some YouTube videos but these are for lhd cars. Anyone got a link to somewhere with instructions or video or can post their own here?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Seeing as Leaf services are a maximum of 1 year, isn't that your easiest solution? If not on the service schedule, you could ask them to change the filter as an extra. Unless you're really into DIY :).

Edit: to show how much I know, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a cabin filter - it doesn't seem to filter out the emissions of the smelly diesel I am queuing behind at lights.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting reply. I was into DIY but find I do less an less now. EV PCPs don't really demmand it anyway. Now I've purchased my latest Leaf 40 Tekna a few months ago, my instinct is prompting me to find out what diy jobs there are to do on the leaf.

The reason I mention Renault is that they are designed as lhd and the cabin filter in UK cars is in a riduculous position on the drivers side, requiring removal of the clutch pedal and 2 hrs labour. All the youtube videos showing how to change a leaf cabin/pollen filter are for lhd cars, so my concern is that they might be on the drivers side on the UK leaf. Silly and annoying if it is, so, does anyone know and has anyone replaced one themselves?

Do they filter out diesel particulates, I'm not sure - anyone know?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First service on 40kWh Leaf included cabin/pollen filter so I asked the service manager where it was. He said it was on the passenger (UK) side. Has anyone changed one on a new shape Leaf?

·
Registered
1 Posts
The cabin air filter is tucked up in the passenger footwell of the UK RHD leaf. it is behind a cover about 1 inch x 3 inches. It is possible to get to it, but you'll need to be Houdini. You'll also need a good light, three right hands, a lot of patience, some choice words and a disjoint-able wrist. Easy, apart from that. :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you very much for that info. I told the local dealership I will never buy another Renault becuse of the position of the cabin/pollen filter and the fact their schedule only changes it every two years becuse its so expensive to replace.

So I will have a look and see if my rusty joints and stubby fingers can manage it on the Leaf.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The cabin air filter is tucked up in the passenger footwell of the UK RHD leaf. it is behind a cover about 1 inch x 3 inches. It is possible to get to it, but you'll need to be Houdini. You'll also need a good light, three right hands, a lot of patience, some choice words and a disjoint-able wrist. Easy, apart from that. :)
We have two LEAFs and I don't find it that bad. Bring your car and filter to me and I'll change it for you for free.

Duncan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts