Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had an electrician install a 32amp commando socket for the Ohme charger. At the moment I just have a hook on the wall for cable management, but would like something a bit more pleasing to the eye. It would be useful if the design enabled me to quickly wind the cable round something when not being used. What recommendations do people have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a garden hose bracket from B & Q quite cheaply for the cable on my Nissan Leaf, being of a fairly large radius it's kind to the cable when it's wound round it, and its appearance isn't too bad (in my view).

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208 / '22 ID.3 Family
3,760 Posts
I haven’t actually done it - but I quite like the idea of constructing (or more likely having a local carpenter construct) a wooden cabinet to house the Ohme unit and junction box, and with an integrated cable tidy.

Potentially could end up similar-ish to the Andersen-EV unit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought a garden hose bracket from B & Q quite cheaply for the cable on my Nissan Leaf, being of a fairly large radius it's kind to the cable when it's wound round it, and its appearance isn't too bad (in my view).
Interesting - what model was the hose bracket? Do you have a picture of your setup?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It's a hard one to keep tidy with the very short 32A plug lead and thick cable. I just mounted mine below an existing charger and use that to wrap the cable around. I guess it would depend on where the Ohme was located, mine is in the garage, so if outside it would have to pass wifey's planning permission...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts