Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Cable won't lock into the car after partial charge

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GMat 
#1 ·
Tired searching this forum and ID3owners without success

New car, new Ohme charger. Plugged in for the 1st time this afternoon and set the Ohme app to charge the car to 90% by 0700 tomorrow. I checked the car and it was set to 80% charge so i manually changed it to 90%. Left alone with the Ohme showing "dumb charging" and came back an hour or so later and found the ohme lights blinking indicating a EV fault.

Checked the car and the cable was unlocked. Tried to reconnect and the car initially locks the cable but after 2 sec it unlocks it again.

Connected the We connect app and the message "error please try connecting the cable again" shows when i try and charge it. It's on 76% atm so not fussed for tomorrow but the manual is useless and can't find similar issues elsewhere.

car running v2.1

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Plugged it in at our journeys end today in an Ecotricity charger and it charged fine.

Got home, plugged it in and it's charging fine now too.

Quickly though - when are you supposed to pay for using the Ecotricity points? I plugged my car in today, let it charge to 80%, unplugged it, checked the machine and it just said goodbye...so i drove off (then thought about it, went back, charged it to 90% and left again.

Did i just get a free charge or am i missing something here?

Discussion starter · #9 ·
When I used an Ecotricity charger last week, a pending payment of £12.00 (the maximum possible, I think) appeared before I'd even driven off. The actual amount was deducted about a week later and the balance disappeared from pending a few days after that.
Yeah but the charger never knew i was there???? i drove up, pressed the charger i wanted (CCS) plugged it in, it started charging, unplugged and left. Never scanned with the app (is that how it's supposed to work) or entered my reg or anything. BTW first time ever public charging.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.