Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Thankyou for having me!

Very new viewer of the forum as I’ve just recently started to drive a Hyundai Ioniq Full EV

So, I’m just planning out a trip to Disneyland Paris we have planned...and I’ve been naive I think as to how overly complicated the French network is for charging. Or am I wrong?

Does anyone have experience or a recent(ish) trip from Calais to Paris and return? I’m panicking a little as it doesn’t seem as easy as I first (poorly) planned
Also my first time driving abroad which doesn’t help

Any suggestions as to good places to stop and charge (rapid) to and from?

Please ask if more info required, I do appreciate the help

·
Registered
982 Posts
Not the answer you are looking for, but Eurostar run an almost daily service direct to Disneyland Paris from London St Pancras, takes just over 2.5hrs each way. Book up to 180 days in advance for the cheapest fares.
To reduce prices travel via Lille, a little longer as there is a change but can cut the cost by 50%.

Might be a bit more expensive but will reduce the planning, faffing around and relying on recharging to make your journey.

Then again theres always Skegness ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are a number of companies that provide EV charging in France ... for an example ...

Looks like there are plenty of locations and details on here ...
thanks for that. I’ve been looking in Chargemap, looking really for places people have stopped before that would recommend

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not the answer you are looking for, but Eurostar run an almost daily service direct to Disneyland Paris from London St Pancras, takes just over 2.5hrs each way. Book up to 180 days in advance for the cheapest fares.
To reduce prices travel via Lille, a little longer as there is a change but can cut the cost by 50%.

Might be a bit more expensive but will reduce the planning, faffing around and relying on recharging to make your journey.

Then again theres always Skegness ;)
Good shout, but we are stopping over for 3 nights either side of Disneyland at 2 different locations (both en’ route in a round about sort of way)

appreciated

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
237 Posts
Good shout, but we are stopping over for 3 nights either side of Disneyland at 2 different locations (both en’ route in a round about sort of way)

appreciated
Looks like it's going to be a matter of research ... to see which Charging networks are in the area's to suit your journey.

I'll probably be planning a road-trip (when Covid-19 has subsided and travel is permitted) for a trip to see family in Switzerland, so will be doing similar, alot of planning, possibly applying for accounts/app's and RFID cards to suit. I'll also be curious to see how good the charger/map is on my ID.4 when it arrives, both for UK / European locations.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Disclaimer: Not been outside of the UK with my EV.

From the research I've done about a possible road trip onto the continent, Electric Felix is a very good source of information. Here's his page on France:

The Total station on the A1 looks great. Don't know what the pricing is though.

Reactions: LS99

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Disclaimer: Not been outside of the UK with my EV.

From the research I've done about a possible road trip onto the continent, Electric Felix is a very good source of information. Here's his page on France:

The Total station on the A1 looks great. Don't know what the pricing is though.
This is really useful, thankyou

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
348 Posts
kiwhi card. but look up how to get one ordered as a non french resident. there is a thread on here somewhere about it. The jist is the website is broke so dont change the department of the country and just fill the rest out as if it was a uk address. Mine got to me this way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kiwhi card. but look up how to get one ordered as a non french resident. there is a thread on here somewhere about it. The jist is the website is broke so dont change the department of the country and just fill the rest out as if it was a uk address. Mine got to me this way.
Just ordered, cheers

Was straight forward, likely changed since you struggled?

All registered and ordered without issue to my UK address

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
We're heading from St Malo down to the Vandee in July (hopefully) in our Leaf 40. I have so far got, Chargemap, Plugsurfing and New Motion cards. Hoping this will do the trick.

Hope this helps. With a Ioniq 38 if you filled up in Folkstone before the tunnel surely you would have enough range to make it to Paris in one hit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We're heading from St Malo down to the Vandee in July (hopefully) in our Leaf 40. I have so far got, Chargemap, Plugsurfing and New Motion cards. Hoping this will do the trick.

Hope this helps. With a Ioniq 38 if you filled up in Folkstone before the tunnel surely you would have enough range to make it to Paris in one hit?
That’s useful, thanks!

correct in getting to Paris (likely), but then still need to get back, play it safe ect. Car full of kids, luggage for 10 days, range will be decreased I think

I’ve got a few stops planned now, just need to add a few more infor plan B

1 - 14 of 14 Posts