Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Are your CAV stickers expiring without eligibility to get new? What will you do?

• Buy new EV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy used EV with eligibility for new CAV stickers

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Carpool with your current EV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Look for a closer job

Votes: 1 50.0%

California White CAV stickers about to expire

797 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  supersleeper 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

New to the forum. I purchased my 2011 Nissan leaf last year in August used for $4,200 and got new battery for $1,500. Came with the white CAV stickers. Unfortunately I don't qualify for the red CAV stickers. Here in the SF Bay Area, these are kind of necessary as the traffic here takes about an hour for every 20-30 miles traveled. If you're a SF Bay Area native, you are used to telling people your commute in hours and minutes and not in miles as miles are irrelevant.

Anyway, was curious with so many white CAV stickers about to expire July 1st, what are your plans to address this? I'm thinking my short-term solution is just to find a carpool buddy as I don't really have the cash to buy another new or used car. Where I commute, mass-transit isn't really an option as it takes double the time to get to work/home, and I don't want to be traveling for 4hrs a day.

#2 ·
Welcome @supersleeper... I'm at Southern California and the White Stickers expire on Jan. 1st, not July 1st...

Secondly, most of the fora members are from UK and EU, but some of us are Californians...

Just added a Model 3, so that will be the commuting car for me... But the white stickers will be expiring for the Roadster and S...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.