Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our first EV - a 2014 BMW i3 (trading in my 2008 535xi estate) six years ago. We swapped that out for a Chevrolet Bolt in 2017 with my wife selling her ICE 18 months in an attempt to become a one-car family. Have made numerous 1000 mile+ trips in the Bolt - totally up to the task. Given our schedules, the one-car plan only lasted a few weeks until I noticed a used bright orange 2013 Fiat 500e selling for only $5000 so picked that up as our local runabout. Pre lockdown we spent quite a bit of time with our family in the UK and hoping to be able to do that again next year (fingers crossed).

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Welcome! Sadly the Bolt never made it to Uk - a few got to Netherlands/Norway maybe as Ampera-e before GM canned it. Volt Mk1 is still about the best engineered Rex here in Uk, again, sadly, GM never brought Volt Mk2 to Europe either. I rather think they lost their nerve, just as Merc for e.g. are bringing out - guess what - a plugin-hybrid with 10.6 kWh usable battery!!! Technically still not a patch on the Voltec system, and virtually identical battery capacity to the Volt Mk1! Bolt would do well over here I think, but looks like VW's ID.3 will be filling the long-range-but-cheaper-than-Tesla-and-its-a-hatchback slot. 2013 Fiat 500e seems to be a cracking little car, if you can get hold of one!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts