Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
All the vans, all years 14,15,16,17 are the same. They have just updated the Partner BUT looks like NOT the electric. I am trying to confirm this with Peugeot UK but as yet no reply
A dealer confirmed the only change they know of between 14 - 15 models was a facelift:

Here is a 2014 model:
unnamed.jpg

And a 2015+ model:

unnamed (1).jpg

·
Registered
124 Posts
Using a Bluetooth ODBII dongle I've managed to get a reading of the battery temperature, SOC and Ah using Canion and ODBZero apps. I didn't have long to test this evening, it seems all metrics are not working but the fact this works at all might indicate that the Partner is based on the i-miev / c-zero platform.
After my initial success getting the ODBII BT dongle to connect in the Partner, I've not been able to obtain any meaningful data from the apps mentioned in my previous post. It seems the data on the ODBII port is very similar to the i-miev to allow the app to connect but not quite the same to be able to obtain any meaningful data.

I would be interested to hear if anyone knows a method of obtaining battery data from a Peugeot Partner / Citroen Berlingo Electric. Any ideas @Mike Schooling ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
@NotQuiteCumbrian have you had any issues with the 12V aux battery? Our Partner van was left standing for the past 4 days. It now won't start and displays "economy mode active" message then when trying to start the van all the dashboard lights go out apart from the battery symbol. I'm suspecting a dead 12V battery is the cause. Will measure battery voltage tomorrow and attempt a jump start tomorrow.

The van is 3yrs old, should it need a new 12V already? Just wondering if you have had yours replaced?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Glyn. Not had any problems with mine. As far as I know the 12v battery hasn't been replaced but Peugeot won't release the service history to me! Yes I know.... Several letters and emails and they won't budge!

I sometimes leave mine standing for 3-4 days if we go away with no issues. Sounds to me like yours could need replacing but check the voltage first and try and monitor as you try to 'start' it in case there is a real drop on demand. That usually means a knackered cell.

·
42k miles on public charging. Am I an expert yet?
2,616 Posts
@NotQuiteCumbrian have you had any issues with the 12V aux battery? Our Partner van was left standing for the past 4 days. It now won't start and displays "economy mode active" message then when trying to start the van all the dashboard lights go out apart from the battery symbol. I'm suspecting a dead 12V battery is the cause. Will measure battery voltage tomorrow and attempt a jump start tomorrow.

The van is 3yrs old, should it need a new 12V already? Just wondering if you have had yours replaced?
I think 3-5 years is the generally accepted life span in EV accessory batteries so it could very well just be fading.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Some great information here, thank you. You have answered some of my queries. We use a small fan heater on cold mornings, bit of a pain but it does warm the van. We only got ours, a '63 plate a month ago, and are pleased with it. Similar issues trying to get info out of Peugeot UK, and the 2 local dealers are a laugh. Our local independent is up for a challenge, so we just need to find a way of testing the traction battery.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts