Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst a keen advocate of the Nissan Leaf and also making and sharing many videos of my experiences with the car over the last year I have yet to see any real Model S UK owners pop up any video, next year we will be getting a Model S (wifey wants to test drive first though) so would love to see some videos from new UK owners of their cars, using the chargers, walk arounds, friends reactions...you know the sort of thing?

I have seen one blog and just a few forum posts so far, surely you are not all that shy? would love to see video from you guys, if you have got a smart phone you have got the camera! there is no excuse! :p

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Same here, and I'm off on holiday tomorrow, have work today, and I'm teaching Scuba diving tonight. Fitting in my packing is going to be tough, let alone making a video :) If only I hadn't wasted so much time on here :p

There is a very good set of official videos however:

TBH They are so good when I picked the car up the handover was a bit like teaching grandmother to suck eggs.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
knoxie, its a matter of available time, between work and zooming around in my road going missile have not had time to make a video :)
No problem fellas I understand to be honest I would just be driving and messing about with the car for the first month as well, although I am sure myself and ruralleaf owner would have flooded the place with videos by now ha ha, I have still yet to see one in the flesh, on my bike ride the other day I stopped out and looked over the motorway for 5 mins hoping maybe I would spot one, I didnt even spot a Leaf lol.

I have spent hours watching Bjorn Neyland and others but would love to see the Model S in a UK users hands navigating our roads and our chargers, parking spaces etc, ill have to tap Elon up for a loaner :cool:

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
No problem fellas I understand to be honest I would just be driving and messing about with the car for the first month as well, although I am sure myself and ruralleaf owner would have flooded the place with videos by now ha ha, I have still yet to see one in the flesh, on my bike ride the other day I stopped out and looked over the motorway for 5 mins hoping maybe I would spot one, I didnt even spot a Leaf lol.

I have spent hours watching Bjorn Neyland and others but would love to see the Model S in a UK users hands navigating our roads and our chargers, parking spaces etc, ill have to tap Elon up for a loaner :cool:

Where are you based?

I will happily give a trip out in mine if you aren't too far away.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bit random but I would be interested to know how the isofix points are set up I have looked at the manual and it looks like there are five, but it's not clear how that works in practice. To accommodate twins and a toddler the leaf maybe getting switched out to a grand Picasso in May when the PCP is finished. :(

·
Super Moderator
7,454 Posts
Get the third row for the S, the kids would love it!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Simon that is a very kind offer indeed! although will understand if we are not exactly near, I am in Banbury north Oxfordshire but can travel, I have access to an ICE or a motorbike so can go out of range of the Leaf.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Bit random but I would be interested to know how the isofix points are set up I have looked at the manual and it looks like there are five, but it's not clear how that works in practice. To accommodate twins and a toddler the leaf maybe getting switched out to a grand Picasso in May when the PCP is finished. :(

er no idea what an isofix point is, how can I check for you ?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Hey Simon that is a very kind offer indeed! although will understand if we are not exactly near, I am in Banbury north Oxfordshire but can travel, I have access to an ICE or a motorbike so can go out of range of the Leaf.
I'm in Nottingham, so TBH you may be better off heading to the Heathrow showroom. Hopefully the Birmingham store will be open fairly soon too though.

The offer still stands, if you are ever up this way.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks Jon, it's a small square loop about an inch wide embedded in between the seat cusion and back rest of the rear seats. The manual says they are marked with a small tab on the seat with a picture of a child in a car seat.

@Flaninacupboard
It's getting to be a serious option now with lease deals like the one below appearing. If we could drop to one car and factoring in 10k miles of fuel per year this works out at £500 per month which is what it currently costs us to finance our current cars.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Guesty that's good! I would make sure it has leather though, esp. with kids.

TBH my experience of these deals is the additional monthly cost of an optional extra may actually be fairly insignificant if it's a "must have" one.

If you put 21" wheels on however they are likely to straight line depreciate it over the 3 years.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes many thanks for the offer though its very kind, funnily enough my colleague at works dad has one but he lives in reading and hasnt made his way up in it yet, do they do test drives from the new service centre? that may be better as I have heard that test drives from central London arent that good because you cant open the car up at all.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Guesty that's good! I would make sure it has leather though, esp. with kids.

TBH my experience of these deals is the additional monthly cost of an optional extra may actually be fairly insignificant if it's a "must have" one.

If you put 21" wheels on however they are likely to straight line depreciate it over the 3 years.
Would stay away from the 21inch rims anyway, still got the two scraped 20 inch rims in the garage that I replaced at the end of a previous lease after the wife navigated by touch out of her work car park! Really need to get them on eBay. Did consider putting them on the Leaf just for fun.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Yes many thanks for the offer though its very kind, funnily enough my colleague at works dad has one but he lives in reading and hasnt made his way up in it yet, do they do test drives from the new service centre? that may be better as I have heard that test drives from central London arent that good because you cant open the car up at all.
Well they have some loan cars there, and definitely some demonstrators kicking about :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts