Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having completely failed to organise this last time the MK crowd are now showing us up.

Would anyone be interested in an informal meetup somewhere in the Cambridge/East region?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Sounds like fun to me. Is it going to be coffee and cake somewhere, or drifting round the McDonald's carpark like the boy racers? ;)

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like fun to me. Is it going to be coffee and cake somewhere, or drifting round the McDonald's carpark like the boy racers? ;)
That depends if @jontracey will let us borrow his Tesla :)

The Ecotricity Ecotech Centre in Swaffham is a potential location - probably our closest free rapid charger, and somewhere interesting - any other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
That depends if @jontracey will let us borrow his Tesla :)

The Ecotricity Ecotech Centre in Swaffham is a potential location - probably our closest free rapid charger, and somewhere interesting - any other suggestions?
As a non rapid user, anywhere probably works for me.
The park and ride sites around Cambridge could work, 7kw chargers, and plenty of space for drifting. Pretty dull otherwise ;)
I reckon we just pick a spot in the middle of everyone.?

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm certainly up for this :)
As another non RC user, I'm open to anywhere, have been meaning to visit the Ecotech centre for a while...

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Can I be MK and Cambridge? I do live in the middle and my wifes office is there………...

·
Registered
621 Posts
With Cambridge only having 13 amp charging really near the centre, there is no major benefit to it being there I guess. Is Bury St Edmunds or somewhere else better for anybody?
Anyone with restricted range, in need of a Rapid or fast charge, pipe up and say where is best!
I am near Ely and have plenty of range so no preference for me...

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Either St Ives or Ecotech works for me. I guess central Cambridge could result in an entertaining photo if we all pile into the space at the bottom of Grafton East :) Flash mob hits the solitary charging post.

What kind of date would work for people? Late July on a Sunday? 20th or 27th?

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Early August :mad: Do you lot not have kids, its the first week of the summer holiday and I will be sunning myself in Italy.:D:D:D:D
Ps with the kids :(

·
Banned
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First week of August is bad for me as well :) BTCC at Snetterton... (motor racing geek)

August 10th or 17th anyone?

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Early August :mad: Do you lot not have kids, its the first week of the summer holiday and I will be sunning myself in Italy.:D:D:D:D
Ps with the kids :(
Nope ! I left that daft idea up to all the rest of you, that's why I get to go on holiday at any time of the year( normally when its cheaper too) :D

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
First week of August is bad for me as well :) BTCC at Snetterton... (motor racing geek)

August 10th or 17th anyone?
16th / 17th I am in Cheshire, but 10th is looking clear so far.....
As its summer, we could always do an evening, if weekends are not so good for folks ?

·
Registered
621 Posts
10th is good for me as well. Also some evenings are possible...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts