Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
That looks very neat.
The camera on my current car is always dirty, and annoys me every day.

I'm months away from getting my e-niro, but I've ordered one anyway.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Dammit you just cost me $34 :ROFLMAO:
Excellent idea. Plenty of times I've cursed backing in as it's been swimming/crusted over.
A small investment for reduced swearing!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like a good idea but I've never had this problem with my wife's i30, and we don't exactly clean it often. Probably depends where and when you drive. Or maybe the location and angle on the Niro is particularly troublesome?

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
196 Posts
Doesn’t look like it’ll survive a drive-through carwash. I‘ll stick to giving the camera a wipe occasionally.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great gismo for the E-Niro:-

Thanks for sharing my video!

Doesn’t look like it’ll survive a drive-through carwash. I‘ll stick to giving the camera a wipe occasionally.
You are correct, an automatic brush car wash would most likely rip it off. With that being said, I never use those car washes because of the paint damage they cause over time; Especially if you follow a car that was very dirty, much of the dirt and debris can be in the brushes. It is like using fine sandpaper on your car. I avoid them at all cost and either do a 2 step hand wash, or use the touchless automatic carwash if I am in a rush.

Clever gizmo. Love the Carl Sagan voice cadence in the review too. I'm guessing that's a Canadian accent?
Canadian, you are correct, but French Canadian to be more precise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts