Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It doesn’t look like it no . I’ve got to have a rethink wether to strip the gear out and get a power station like this one https://bluettipower.co.uk/products/bluetti-eb70-portable-power-station
Or buy a agm battery and power the inverter off that and limit my power with the the setup I have . That way I’m not stressing the van in anyway . Few things to consider though . Apparently I can’t discharge and charge the power stations at the same time which is rubbish if you have good solar weather and you need to run gear . Also could I charge the power station through my mppt that I allready have or is all that gear redundant and plug the panel straight into the unit . Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
34,790 Posts
Hi guys I have just bought this 1500w pure sine wave . After my novapal 1000w just decided to stop working but it keeps tripping . Also on occasion trips the 100a fuse under the bonnet . I have used a 1200w circular saw , 600w induction hob , 1000w hoover and it’s the same . How do I post a video on here . Can anybody help please because I have no idea
The DC DC converter is being protected by the fuse because you're overloading it.

You are in imminent danger of generating a massive bill for yourself with a destroyed DC DC converter, which I think is part of the on board charger on these.

Go find another 1000W inverter to limit the damage you can do to your vehicle.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So I’ve been to ( don’t judge 😂) the chatsworth horse trials , we live in Baslow so it’s a given and leisure out we’re there with all the goal zero and jackary generators. Coincidence?? Anyways had a long chat and seemed reasonable the yeti goal zero 1000x but they use the battery chemistry that only gives you 500 charge cycles to 80% which is pretty pants . I hear that lifepo4 is the way to go which the bluetti has . Is this sound about right to you experts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
34,790 Posts
I'm just curious about one thing .... I keep getting told here that batteries are now $100/kWh, yet this 1.5kWh pack costs.... £3k!?!?

Why?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm just curious about one thing .... I keep getting told here that batteries are now $100/kWh, yet this 1.5kWh pack costs.... £3k!?!?

Why?
If your talking about the Festool power station , 1- it’s Festool so say no more
2 - I believe there isn’t another unit on the market that can deliver the power that does , must have to pay a lot for the witchcraft in that box

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So I’ve just took delivery and currently testing the bluetti eb70 and I have to say it’s fantastic… so far . It’s solved a lot of my issues I hope and a lot lighter than I thought. Thanks for all your advice on this one helped loads and make me appreciate forums even more
Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Plant

21 - 30 of 30 Posts