Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Leaf owners bought a CAN BUS bluetooth adapter such as the ELM327 ones talked about on www.mynissanleaf.com ?

I think they are available on eBay for about £7 (see here).

Are these the right ones to get?
Do they require modification?
Which one have you got and where di you get it from?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
No experience with the leaf but I do have an elm327 bluetooth adapter for the Ampera that I use with the Torque App on my android tablet and phone.
(It only works on the drivers side OBD Port so I can only assume it does not use all the OBD protocols, and that not all the protocols are on each OBD socket!)

Have you considered OVMS?

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure have consider OVMS but it is a bit pricey for me for the Ampera as I really don't have any need for remote activation of charging etc and there is less need to know precisely what the battery is doing when you have petrol backup.

With the Leaf though knowing accurately the battery state of charge can be the difference between arriving or not!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Parax said:
No experience with the leaf but I do have an elm327 bluetooth adapter for the Ampera that I use with the Torque App on my android tablet and phone.
(It only works on the drivers side OBD Port so I can only assume it does not use all the OBD protocols, and that not all the protocols are on each OBD socket!)

Have you considered OVMS?
Sorry to hijack your thread Paul, just a quick question about the elm327 & Torque. Are these just plug'n'play? I have a Scangauge II from my last car but was not sure if it was compatible with the Ampera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts