Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My Z.E.services (app & website) has be working intermittently for a couple of months now but I've noticed a rather odd pattern relating to when it starts and stops. Monday to Friday I use the same Chargemaster Fastcharge floor standing post and on a Saturday I use a PodPoint at my local Sainsbury's. From the moment I plug into the Chargemaster post on a Monday Z.E. Services stops reporting the state of charge on the website/app and automated sms messages I have set up, I am however able to use the pre-heat timer function. It continues like this until the Saturday when I plug into the PodPoint. When the PodPoint charge ends (I disconnect) I start getting the sms messages again and the website/app begins to work. Now this has happened for three weeks on the bounce and it's annoying the hell out of me because it seems so illogical. Does anyone have any idea why or how this could happen?

...It might be worth mentioning that only one side of the Chargemaster post works, not sure what relevance that has, if any.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
3,872 Posts
Hmmm. It could be, or it could be that Z.E. Services are very intermittent. I've had no SMS since the 16/1/17 and the app says that was the last time I charged. With this cold weather I've been charging about twice a week. Monday couldn't get the app to pre-heat, although it was set up, had to do a manual start. It's very flaky, for something that is free for a year and then pay for.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm inclined to agree... the whole system seems massively unstable. I'd say TomTomLive works for 1 in 20 of my trips. I can live without the updates and traffic info but I'd be devastated if my pre-heat packed up, I feel for you. I'd probably be hated a little less by my neighbors though. The glares I get whilst they're scrapping the ice from their windscreens... ;)

Hmmm. It could be, or it could be that Z.E. Services are very intermittent. I've had no SMS since the 16/1/17 and the app says that was the last time I charged. With this cold weather I've been charging about twice a week. Monday couldn't get the app to pre-heat, although it was set up, had to do a manual start. It's very flaky, for something that is free for a year and then pay for.

·
Registered
386 Posts
There are quite a few reasons on why Z.E. Services might not work:
1. obvious is contract, but I would assume that that's not the case
2. mobile phone operator coverage (e.g. if I park my car in a specific spot, Z.E. services are down)
3. mobile phone operator delay in delivering messages (sometimes I get messages 2-3 hours after the event happened)
4. Renault's servers temporarily down (e.g. didn't really happen to me, but I presume they don't rely on AWS or Azure)

I guess we can grow the list of potential issues, but I would disagree that a specific charging post can have such a massive influence on the car's internal software; that would really be sloppy engineering at best.

·
˙ǝןƃƃnɹʇs ןןıɥuʍop ɐ sı ǝɟı˥
162 Posts
I would imagine that the GPRS (2G) mobile phone signal coverage is non-existant where your Chargemaster post is located.
As for the pre-heating, why can't we preset the start time using the scheduler in the car? Why does it have to be plugged in? Step outside the car and use the keyfob it works! Plugged in or not. I am fed up with the 50/50 success rate of using the app while still in my office at the end of the day and finding a cold car sat silently waiting for me in the carpark 10 minutes later.
I get the requirement of Zoe having to have at least 45% battery and it only running for 5 - 10 minutes but Renault should allow us to set the time within the car since their servers aren't able to process all of our requests as we all leave work at around the same time each day.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,390 Posts
As much as I "defend" the car, I agree. The on-line experience, the charges for it and the reliability of it is a serious weakness. Things like a heater timer should just work off-line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts