Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my partner has just brought a Vauxhall Mokka E, had a trip down to Strensham Services northbound M5 to “test” the rapid charging capabilitity. Unfortunately the Ecotricity CCS charger was not working (reported).!!!

We are planning a long distance trip to Silverstone for Grand Prix in July, we plan stopping at Warwick Services southbound M40 to recharge. Looking on Zap-Map Ecotricity have similar set up the Strensham - two chargers but only one CCS connecter. My worry is what happens if this doesn’t work, is being used etc.

Also on site is a Tesla Supercharger station of 8 CCS type chargers.

My question is can I charge my Mokka E using Tesla network (Mokka will take up to 100kW)

·
Registered
VW eGolf
314 Posts
Nope. Best bet is to take a look at chargers just off the motorway, there's plenty now. If you can push on a bit further past Warwick services you could use the Instavolt hub at Banbury.

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
279 Posts
Not sure where you're planning on starting your journey, but could you (try to) make use of the new services at M6 J1 at Rugby by any chance? They have ten Electric Highway units.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure where you're planning on starting your journey, but could you (try to) make use of the new services at M6 J1 at Rugby by any chance? They have ten Electric Highway units.
I’ll be going to the Grand Prix at Silverstone (from Wirral) too and plan to stop at the new Rugby chargers en route. I’ll be in an e208, the same platform as the Mokka, so it should be within range

1 - 5 of 5 Posts