Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I have been trying to find an EV with good range that can fit my 3 kids (aged 2, 4 and 6 years) in the back seat. The e-Niro is much more affordable than the other options of Tesla Model S or X. I finally managed to get over to the Kia dealership to try out my seats and just managed to fit 3 seats in, with the following configuration: Joie Trillo and Maxi Cosi Priori on the outside and a Harmony booster seat in the middle (see photo). I have also recently found out about the RiveMove Isofix extension which I have ordered to see if I can fit any Isofix seats in, will post back with an update!

Ordered my e-Niro early April 2019, latest update from dealer is delivery expected March 2020 of a MY2020 car.

P.S. You should actually be able to fit 4 kids in the back seat of an e-Niro, if you install a Multimac: Child Car Seats - 4 Child Car Seat, 3 Child Car Seat & Accessories but they cost £1,500!

·
Registered
7 Posts
For a while I have been trying to find an EV with good range that can fit my 3 kids (aged 2, 4 and 6 years) in the back seat. The e-Niro is much more affordable than the other options of Tesla Model S or X. I finally managed to get over to the Kia dealership to try out my seats and just managed to fit 3 seats in, with the following configuration: Joie Trillo and Maxi Cosi Priori on the outside and a Harmony booster seat in the middle (see photo). I have also recently found out about the RiveMove Isofix extension which I have ordered to see if I can fit any Isofix seats in, will post back with an update!

Ordered my e-Niro early April 2019, latest update from dealer is delivery expected March 2020 of a MY2020 car.

P.S. You should actually be able to fit 4 kids in the back seat of an e-Niro, if you install a Multimac: Child Car Seats - 4 Child Car Seat, 3 Child Car Seat & Accessories but they cost £1,500!
Hi Adam - how are you finding the e-Niro with three child seats in the back? Any luck getting isofix seats in?

Mark

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mark

We have only had the car for 2 weeks, but so far fitting 3 kids in the back has worked well. I have changed the configuration slightly and have managed to get 1 Isofix seat connected (a Britax Advansafix 2) using the RiveMove Isofix extension. That was the only way to fit everything in, the RiveMove extension works OK although it was very tricky to connect to the Advansafix seat and once connected I am not sure if you can remove it from the seat again. The other two seats I am using are a Maxi Cosi Priori and a Harmony booster seat in the middle. See photos, I think it would be possible to connect two Isofix seats on either side if you had two RiveMove extensions. The kids seem happy with it anyway and we love the car!

Cheers

Adam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts