Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had deal from Tesla on a new or ex demo M3 or are deals just not available?
Chap online earlier said he got a £5k discount on a SR+ with 1000 miles on the clock and had the choice of one with black or white interior. Apparently these werent advertised, he asked through the online chat.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Most deals seem to be on performance models, plenty available 2nd hand.

2nd hand SR+ or deals on SR+ seem rare.

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3
2 Posts
There's currently £3,000 off all Performance models in Inventory. They'll be like that until the end of the month, or near the end of the month. On the plus side if you order Inventory now, you'll probably get the car within a few days.

Otherwise you'll probably need to wait until the final month of next quarter (December) and see what they have an excess of. In the interim you can keep checking Inventory for cheap deals, ex-demos come up every so often but I don't think the discount is worth it vs. new tbh.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's currently £3,000 off all Performance models in Inventory. They'll be like that until the end of the month, or near the end of the month. On the plus side if you order Inventory now, you'll probably get the car within a few days.

Otherwise you'll probably need to wait until the final month of next quarter (December) and see what they have an excess of. In the interim you can keep checking Inventory for cheap deals, ex-demos come up every so often but I don't think the discount is worth it vs. new tbh.
Agree with some of the exdemo prices, might aswell buy new. Was surprised to see someone saying they got 5k off an SR+. At £35k its worth taking a chance on the build quality etc at £53k + for a Performance model not so much.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,842 Posts
Agree with some of the exdemo prices, might aswell buy new. Was surprised to see someone saying they got 5k off an SR+. At £35k its worth taking a chance on the build quality etc at £53k + for a Performance model not so much.
It’s not really a risk even if there are a few build issues.

Tesla have always been pretty good at rectifying problems.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
You have to be quick but the demos can be bargains. They had a M3 SR+ with FSD for 38k a few weeks ago. There was a M3P at a good price too. A used P100D MX which I spoke to a dealer about and we agreed was about £15k under market. You can’t negotiate these, you just need to be ready to pounce when they come up.

There’s a market for near instant notifications of good deals.. people, usually dealers, pay to be sent the details within a minute of Tesla listing a car as the real bargains can sell within an hour.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
No deals but check hidden inventory on New and used Tesla MS, MX and M3 cars for sale

You can also use a referral link to get 1000 free supercharger miles.
Not new, but here’s an example of hidden inventory, the cheapest M3 LR in the country, 2020 model, white interior, non white paint, low miles, if that’s what you’re after why buy from a dealer and pay 2k more and get a years less warranty?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Not new, but here’s an example of hidden inventory, the cheapest M3 LR in the country, 2020 model, white interior, non white paint, low miles, if that’s what you’re after why buy from a dealer and pay 2k more and get a years less warranty?

Are these all Tesla stock or dealers, aswell? ... what is CPO?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
No idea what that question meant. CPO is certified pre owned and the generic term for used cars sold by the manufacturer. Tesla stopped wanting to call them CPO for some reason but it’s the easiest way to differentiate used from Tesla v used from n independent seller.

Hidden inventory are cars available from Tesla but for reasons best known to Tesla aren’t on the top page list of cars for sale so not easy to see, but if you went into a centre they might offer you. When i find them I list them to save the trip to a centre.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Is there a way to have the search script just list hidden cars Jon?

Do you tie in with your referral code as well for all those click thrus that turn into sales?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I can add a hidden cars filter, it used to have one before I rejigged the site.

CPO dont have referral codes, new do and there’s an option to go to the car on Tesla without a referral or go straight to buy with one, but I dont use my code as a referral has no value to me at the moment so the code is somebody else’s from this group because of their long standing and supportive contributions. The adverts are more beneficial to me to pay for the hosting costs.

Update: Just added a hidden option on the car picture/visual version of the search.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Im probably a bit late Jon, however a really useful flag for me would be a ‘discounted’ one.

As, in new cars from Tesla, the ones where you already show the discount.Would be great to see these cars only.

Thank you for your site, it’s an amazing resource!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Also maybe a CAT S/N etc filter? There's a M3 on there for £32k but it's a CAT S.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Also maybe a CAT S/N etc filter? There's a M3 on there for £32k but it's a CAT S.
I have looked at that - Tesla do pass accident damage flags etc so they're ok, I added a search in the UK for Cat S etc and got a few hits and then when I read the autotrader advert desription and one dealer was making the point in all their adverts saying "None of our cars are Cat S..." which was a negative but I was finding it as a hit. I'll take another look to see if there's a more reliable way to get the information as I agree it would be useful.

EDIT - I've made a couple of changes - Autotrader have a Exclude Cat S etc cars which I am now using so they won't get listed at all - I dont really want them. It might take a day for the clean up to happen removing the old ones. Regarding Ebay I've added a check and if some get dropped accidently it will be a shame, but many ebay cars are also listed on autotrader so they will still appear that route. The ebay change knobbled the cheap M3 that was listed. I'd love to deduplicate the listings too as some cars are obviously listed everywhere, at least with the pictures you can see easily tell.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Im probably a bit late Jon, however a really useful flag for me would be a ‘discounted’ one.

As, in new cars from Tesla, the ones where you already show the discount.Would be great to see these cars only.

Thank you for your site, it’s an amazing resource!
The discounted one was also an option and if you sign up for the daily email you can select "New with discount" - Tesla are listing lots of inventory at the moment and they use generic VINs which they just change every few days so lots of noise obscuring the bargains. I'll stick that option back on too.- Done

There is also an undocumented feature that if you search fro DISCOUNTED it changhes the sort order to the largest discount first.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a White LR, black and white interior with performance upgrade using Jon’s link and referral code a year away today. I got just over £2k off the price and sold it on Thursday to WBAC with just short of 8k miles on it for £400 less than i paid for it. I have a new red LR, black & white interior, 19 inch and tow bar arriving on Tuesday which i have paid list for. I doubt i will be selling the new car for what i paid for it in 12 months, given the £5k of extras.

Thanks Jon. You provide a great service.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No idea what that question meant. CPO is certified pre owned and the generic term for used cars sold by the manufacturer. Tesla stopped wanting to call them CPO for some reason but it’s the easiest way to differentiate used from Tesla v used from n independent seller.

Hidden inventory are cars available from Tesla but for reasons best known to Tesla aren’t on the top page list of cars for sale so not easy to see, but if you went into a centre they might offer you. When i find them I list them to save the trip to a centre.
Would ex demo cars be CPO or maybe customer returns?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Would ex demo cars be CPO or maybe customer returns?
Ex demo and loan cars are typically sold as "new" - some quirk of the UK system that cars only owned by the manufactuer still qualify as new for puirposes such as 100% FYA allowance etc. Anything "New" and more than a few miles are likely to be that. There's another clue in that Tesla publish the first registration date for most of their cars in the data which I publish, so you'd see how long its been knocking around. New new cars should not have been registered obviously.

Customer returns and lease defaults etc I imagine are young CPO. Difficult to know whether they're rejects after delivery or just some poor sods going under as a result of Covid sadly. First reg dates should also be available

Whats not so clear, just to make life complicated is what happens if somebody rejects on collection. Tesla won't have sent the paperwork off and obviously won't, so I imagine they may just get recirculated into the pool, maybe after the big stuff has been corrected for the next in line.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts