Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have tried to link my wifes phone as well as my own to our new GT135. I find that pairing a phone disconnects the previously paired phone. Have tried pairing each to a seperate profile in the car, but the same result.
Somewhat annoying as we both use the car. Find the same with the Ohme app also.
Any workarounds, or just something we have to accept?

·
Registered
ONTO/Evezy £50 Code: CADA7
1,277 Posts
One device at a time unfortunately. This is the case with most brands and apps, not just a Renault thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is disappointing - Tesla allows more than one user and so it seems limiting to only have only one for Zoe.

·
Registered
MG5 EV / Zoe ZE50 R135
20 Posts
Yes, I agree. I'd set my phone up / paired with the car in the App and then tried to add my wife's a week or so later (as she drives it the most) and found that I couldn't. Had to remove my association with the vehicles and then hers went ahead ok.

·
Registered
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s
340 Posts
This is disappointing - Tesla allows more than one user and so it seems limiting to only have only one for Zoe.
Both my wife and I have the My Honda+ App on our phones, and access to our one Honda e. It’s installed initially on one phone and then another driver can be invited, they install the App and complete the invitation. Renault is definitely missing a trick here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still not got mine working. As my renault website has my megane diesel on it, i can pair the zoe fine, but it doesn't show in website so then ohme app can't find it when it connects through api. May need to delete megane, but annoyed to have to do that. Could be the website can't support two cars even though it says 'My Cars'

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,359 Posts
I can only suggest filing a review of the app on the App or Play Store, asking for allowing multiple users to be added in a future build.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line
20 Posts
Both myself and my wife have the Renault app on our iPhones. Both work - they are both logged in with the same username/password.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Nevermind.. I may have answered the wrong question. Can't delete my own post.

Are you asking about the "MY Renault" app for when you are out of the car or are you asking about pairing a phone when you are IN the car for the music audio/hands-free/in-car entertainment?

Technically you can link multiple phones but you can only be connected to a single one for each type of bluetooth profile. (Update: ZE50 EasyConnect manual implies you can connect and receive calls on both but can only see one phone)

i.e.

1. I can have MatthewPhone and MatthewOldPhone and whichever is in my pocket when I sit in the car will connect.. on ZE50 I believe it will respect a priority list when you pair a second device.
  2. If say I bring in MatthewiPad, I can be connected to MatthewPhone for calls (phone icon on ZE40, technically the bluetooth handsfree "profile") and MatthewiPad for system audio/music (Netflix).. if a call comes in the system switches to the phone. No other audio will be heard from MatthewPhone.
You do this by clicking on the little icons in the bluetooth device list on the ZE40. I'm pretty sure you can do this on ZE50 too but I can't remember to hand. ZE50 will ask what priority the devices should be also incase you have both devices vying to connect (it talks about primary devices).

Update: The Easy-Connect manual seems to show it's as I remember it, see 4.6 ("Changing a connected telephone") : https://gb.e-guide.renault.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/eng/EASY-LINK/EASY-LINK-NW1323-5_ENG.pdf ("de-select the functions to be disconnected from the telephone currently in use"). This is the latest version of the manual as obtained from E-GUIDE.RENAULT.COM / easy-link / Index and clicking "Download the Handbook" at the top. The manual actually goes further and suggests while you will be only able to access the phone functions of the primary phone (Phone A), any incoming calls on Phone A or Phone B will be routed to Easy-Connect. So yes, you can have 2 phones connected "kind-of".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts