Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if we decide to go with the model 3 and reject our niro order, anyone have any experience or heard of the order being transferred to another rather then just let it go to waste?

thanks

·
Registered
900 Posts
Interesting question! I’m guessing it just goes to the next person in line but would love to know if you can.

I do wonder how many people are thinking the same as you though. I have one on order too as a business lease but only because there is no deposit to pay so I might as well keep the option open. The quote is more than I wan to pay really so when it comes time to switch next Aug-Oct I’m very likely to go Model 3 unless prices come down on the Niro.

So begs the question- how real is the Niro wait and will we suddenly see the wait reduce drastically as punters go elsewhere?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have no idea what the actual numbers are, but from anecdotal evidence from the dealers we spoke to when ordering ours, and doing some quick man-maths to extrapolate, my guess is that there are in the region of 4-5000 orders on the waiting list in the UK alone.

We got the sense from the dealers that there had been cancellations, and it would be great if the wait time came down dramatically, but it would take a big drop out rate to make a significant difference. The wait time looks like it will still mostly be dependent on battery supply and production decisions in Korea.

On the bright side, the dealer we chose was confident that it would be "9 months at the very longest" when we signed up in early October, so there are obviously some production increases planned....

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Nope, it's not transferable, if it's the same as it was for the Kona. Best option if you have the cash is to pay for the e-Niro and then sell it, either privately or to someone like Just EVs and split the profit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Unless things have changed, in the U.K., dealers cannot transfer a cancelled order to anyone else. If they do there’s a substantial financial penalty. Kia usually allocate them to others on the waiting list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So it's certainly very much in the dealers interest to allow the car to be delivered even if the intended owner cancelled the order some time previously.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I imagine if the vehicle is at a dealership likely it will be already paid for so the dealer then owns it, so he can do what he wants. If its undelivered then Kia make the choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts