21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
27,002 Posts
Reactions: John Kendrick

·
Registered
882 Posts
@leafchris Depreciation on a purchased car certainly will not be helped by the rapid issue.
PCP'er worry about #rapidgate. Not Second hand car buyers.
They worry about battery health. Something which nissan have protected with their BMS changes. It was a responsible thing to do.
We can't tarnish the green reputation of electric cars by trading battery health for performance.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The £500 deposit is normally for a pre-order and is fully refundable if you decide not to place a firm order. I did ask my salesman what would happen if I had to cancel for any reason, and was told it was no problem as they had people queuing up for them.
Same as above for me.

I pre-ordered with the £500 deposit at my local dealership, and it was refundable for any reason subject to acceptable test drive once they had a demonstrator available. If you've already taken a test drive then the situation might be different.

I technically had problems getting a refund and it took them the best part of 3 months rather than the quoted 10 days. But this was because they apparently lost the merchant copy of the credit card receipt. They eventually made a bank transfer rather than a credit card refund. But the delay wasn't anything to do with refusing to refund, they didn't have a problem at all with me not wanting to go ahead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just wanted to say a big "Thank you" to everyone who took the trouble to answer my dilema, and in particular
donald and John Kendrik regarding the 'Distance Selling Regs' This should apply to me, as I took my test drive on the Friday afternoon, deliberated over the weekend and phoned thm on Monday and accepted their offer, paid by credit card and signed an order form for the car via email. Up until I read donald's input I was under the impression I would loose my deposit if I were to cancel. I am still trying to make up my mind which way to go. May probably wait for a 60KW model later in the year. I'll keep you informed.

Thanks again....

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I'd encourage anyone to cancel. I got my deal on a Leaf 30 because of a cancellation and I'd be happy to go for a Leaf 40 on the same basis. With a 40 I'd have no need for more than 2 rapids in a row to get to anywhere important to me.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They will (must) fix this, their reputation will be tarnished otherwise and one of the biggest incentives to get on with it is if people walk away in droves.

Of course the salesmen are going to put on an act denying the issues that is their Job function.

Personally I would not buy outright a flawed design but PCH should not be an issue as you are only paying a much reduced amount to borrow the car for a relatively short period.

If they don't fix the problem the GFV might be really low and you could end up with a bargain.

I agree with the comments at the me-to and jump on the bandwagon brigade on Plagiarism-Tube.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
The GFV is low now anyway. Mine is just over £7k in 4 years time.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'd encourage anyone to cancel. I got my deal on a Leaf 30 because of a cancellation and I'd be happy to go for a Leaf 40 on the same basis. With a 40 I'd have no need for more than 2 rapids in a row to get to anywhere important to me.
I checked with my dealer today. There is very limited stock (sounded like could be under 10) 40 kWh LEAFs around the country with dealers mainly N Connector in black and a very very few in white or grey. The other colours do not seem to be around at all. Nissan does not put pressure on dealers to transfer stock to a dealer who has a potential sale. Some other car manufacturers do. It is left for dealers to agree a transfer.

Still the dealers are not allowed to sell the demo LEAF models. He thinks 67 plate demos might get released for sale perhaps in September just before the next plate change. He said a 67 plate ex-demo could be a good buy as the early demo cars had lots of accessories added.

Sounds like the N-Connector is not selling as the proportion that was expected and it is the Tekna that can be really hard to source.

If one could take a car that in stock with a dealer, he said today, one would have it by the end of April.

What he would not say despite being pressed was just as interesting. He would not say how long one might to wait if one did an order as a factory build. He evaded the question every time. He did indicate a factory build order comes straight from the factory to the dealer by transporter and that Nissan have a central holding pool for cars that are not built to customer order . He would not indicate if there are any cars in the UK central pool at the moment.

The demand for the LEAF sounds like it is a lot more than Nissan expected. The new Micra has been much slower to sell initially but now Micra sales are picking up nicely. The Pulsar is not selling and is to be ended. Nissan are only revamping the Juke instead of producing an all new Juke which is what he felt it needed. I am guessing here that we might see E-Power in the Juke as a low risk way of putting out the technology and giving Juke sales a shot in the arm. As a salesman he was sorry that Nissan do not have an ICE C segment hatchback that sells well, the Pulsar has been a flop in the UK.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
They have a grey one in our dealer, so will have a closer look at it.

The Juke is a horrible looking car.
A petrol Pulsar is not a bad car, just bland. It does have good room in the rear seats. Because it a slow seller and to be discontinued you ought to be able to get a good discount on list or a great deal on a second hand one . I agree the Juke is an ugly beast - a proper 'marmite' vehicle.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Still the dealers are not allowed to sell the demo LEAF models. He thinks 67 plate demos might get released for sale perhaps in September just before the next plate change. He said a 67 plate ex-demo could be a good buy as the early demo cars had lots of accessories added.
Not sure if your post refers only to Tekna models ?

There's certainly no restriction on selling ex-demo Acentas; I bought one last month.

And if anyone wants a pre-registered Acenta, CarWow have just sent me an email showing Nissan-Stafford offering one @£18k

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Not sure if your post refers only to Tekna models ?

There's certainly no restriction on selling ex-demo Acentas; I bought one last month.

And if anyone wants a pre-registered Acenta, CarWow have just sent me an email showing Nissan-Stafford offering one @£18k
Then it could be a local policy at my dealers not to sell the demo cars yet rather than across the whole dealer network. I don't think it is specific to just the Tekna. I am waiting for the local dealer to offer their fully loaded white Tekna unless a better deal comes up first.

Well done on picking up an ex-demo Acenta.

·
Registered
425 Posts
They are still heavily pushing.advertising the Leaf in our local dealer. It has pride of place in the showroom and there are mahoosive screens with it driving around Tenerife (no doubt in the winter :whistle::ROFLMAO:).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Thats the old model though
I think you're probably right - I haven't investigated it as I now have a Leaf (but presumably haven't yet cancelled the CarWow searches ).

But there seem to be a few people moaning about the problems of doing a 500 mile journey with a 40kW battery and claiming that it would be much easier with the old model.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts