Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Cancelled my 2008

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  proddick 
#1 ·
I ordered an e2008 back in February, with expected late April / May delivery. Now the dealer can't even get information from the factory as to when it will be built, and has no idea on delivery. So, decided to cancel the order. Got a Hyundai Kona Premium SE ordered instead UK stock with delivery expected Within two weeks.

#5 ·
Reactions: cah197 and E7EV
#20 ·
My Zoe 40 appreciated

JJ
To compare with a "normal" car the battery rental costs need to added in, so you made a small loss overall. Still cheap motoring for two years (y)
Have been looking at the e-Niro recently and lease prices are going down and waiting time quoted is now around 6 months. Have a look at either Drive Electric or Nationwidevehiclecontracts to see what i mean. Maybe and indication that the industry is starting to fight for business
I think some better deals at present are due to softer salary sacrifice demand as people feel less secure. They are keeping their old ICE and maybe hoping a scrappage deal will come. Also, some manufacturers are offering more support as want to sell ULEZs this quarter to keep the EU emission fines at bay.

As others have said, it is very difficult to predict future values. If VW do have a £25K ID.3 in 2022 people won't be paying £20K for a 2 year old Zoe or e208, which is what some of the lease deals effectively require. Of course, if PICG disappeared then new prices would rise again - they did last time it reduced, despite conspiracy theorists being convinced it doesn't reduce costs.

I suspect older EVs might hold up well as not everyone wants new or to lease/PCP, so buying a £9K Leaf today (for example) might not drop much. Lower range cars will continue to be viable for commuting, local driving, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.