Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back home, left the van on, went into home to leave some stuff, coming back to the van - door is locked, van is still on. Any ideas how to get in without smashing side window?

Having key with me in the pocket. When pressing the unlock button - orange light 'key' blinks on the dash

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just uploading video to YouTube, maybe it will be more clear what's wrong

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do have, it's same. Passenger door does not have key hole for manual key. I know that the other cars sometimes having it covered with plastic bit, but that one does not have it apparently.
I need to be in different city tomorrow (well today morning actually as it's after midnight already) at the specific time. Just called Nissan EV roadside assistance, they warned me straight away, that it might be that mechanic won't be able to help me, but someone will be with me in 60-90 minutes.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We will see what road assistance is going to say and do and how soon they will arrive...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Text message came from assistance that someone is on the way and will be within 60 minutes

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mechanic arrived, tries to open the window from inside using long like rod (don't know how is it called)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Internal wire (hard metal part) been disconnected somehow from the lock itself. That's was the reason why I couldn't open the door, even if the door itself been unlocked

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
So it was a problem waiting to happen. Glad you've got it sorted so you can do your trip in the morning.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And will book a service straight away in the morning. But, don't want to loose the van for another 5 months, like it was for the first fail (regen brakes + abs; actually warning lights were on, indicating abs failure, but abs been working until they touched it; regen braking stopped to work at 17.000 miles)

·
Zoe Devotee
7,912 Posts
Crikey can you still get into modern vehicles with a bent coathanger? I thought these days all the locking gubbins was hidden inside door cavity and covered up so that opportunist who found an old coathanger couldn't get into your pride and joy. :(

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Internal wire (hard metal part) been disconnected somehow from the lock itself. That's was the reason why I couldn't open the door, even if the door itself been unlocked
Hi could you go into this further as other drivers e-nv200 don't have same issue ??

1 - 20 of 45 Posts