Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
So was the mechanism broken on both doors?!

Crikey can you still get into modern vehicles with a bent coathanger? I thought these days all the locking gubbins was hidden inside door cavity and covered up so that opportunist who found an old coathanger couldn't get into your pride and joy. :(
As the door was open, just the mechanism that was disconnected it's exactly the same as opening your door when you arrive home. Any security features or deadlocks are not designed to work in this instance.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,912 Posts
So was the mechanism broken on both doors?!

As the door was open, just the mechanism that was disconnected it's exactly the same as opening your door when you arrive home. Any security features or deadlocks are not designed to work in this instance.
And the side door and the rear door.... ?

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Internal wire (hard metal part) been disconnected somehow from the lock itself. That's was the reason why I couldn't open the door, even if the door itself been unlocked
Yeh when the doors are striped down there is a rod that goes threw a tiny hole the locking mecanisem lock has a green clip retenshoner if this clip I sent snapped into place if this was the problem at a later date can become loose n fall off but that's because this part hasent been clipped on proppley . if it was this bit

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Actually from memory carnt upload any photos my c##p phone not working proppley . .
Right think for cost the drivers door controls the rest of the doors

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Hi I think ate you polish . this should be a brese for you nice n simple to fix the door barel its in that area I have had the same problem when I had to strip every door for spraying & color Codding all the locking plastics needed to be striped down for painting the painter wouldn't do as itvwould cost a bomb from him so I know the door personally inside out are you in england ?? It really is easy fix if you don't know what you are doing then you will get what your getting but when you get good and spend every waking hour on your van you become good .

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Its really funny cos I had work to go to and for the life of me I couldn't fix it so I had to go to work with the drivers door locked & couldn't open its all coming back to me its so long ago really funny so I had to make shire I didn't do the same mistake on the passengers door so had to take out the door handle and tape in a coat hanger wire to open the passengers door just for the time been till I could spend ages n ages on the reason it wasent working think it was the door barely wrong way or the Huck wire wrong way roung its that's simple BUT DEFANATLETY need the green snap clip that holds the wire in place in the barel I bet you could fix in a jiffy if I can anybody can apart from my wife ;-)

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
These van,s are fab I would urge anybody to buy one dear I say it a work horse . multipurpose vehicle come campervan 4 berth ;-)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Mine is fine, just minor problems coming out as do a lot of miles. 52k in 7 months.

Hi I think ate you polish
I'm not polish if you meant that.

It really is easy fix if you don't know what you are doing then you will get what your getting but when you get good and spend every waking hour on your van you become good .
I know it might be, but while its under warranty - I don't think that's my job to fix it, or spend any extra penny while its still one year old

·
Funny brownish i3 (has all the bits and bobs)
110 Posts
If you hold the door unlock button for several seconds, do the windows go down or is that only on some cars?

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Wow that's great news
Mine is fine, just minor problems coming out as do a lot of miles. 52k in 7 months.

I'm not polish if you meant that.

I know it might be, but while its under warranty - I don't think that's my job to fix it, or spend any extra penny while its still one year old
Our racking up the mileage . thought mine was a lot 21,000
Good I think the sooner the better my new phone comes the better... I meant to say are you polish . arh
What part of england are you driving round ??
It would be great for a meeting up central to england people from all walks of life using there e-nv200 for alsorts from flowers to carrying boxes to fish to campervan ours ;-)

·
Registered
442 Posts
@Nero I had the exactly the same issue as you, took the van to the dealers and they diagnosed a faulty door lock mechanism complete, and they changed it under warranty.
Of course I cannot confirm they actually changed anything as I want in the workshop when they done th job, or did not get a receipt for the part as i didn't pay for it as it was a warranty job, but, i did have to wait 2 weeks for the part to come into stock at the dealers so I'm confident they did indeed change th clock assembly.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts