Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else having issues getting car to pre heat with app? App shows range, soc but when I click on start pre heat, just get synchronising message and swirly wheel.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,645 Posts
Haven’t you asked this before?!

Have you checked whether the car is actually pre-heating the cabin, even though the App hasn’t confirmed it?

I’ve had this a couple of times, worked ok yesterday though, the App is still flaky, but if you try to start the cabin heating remotely and you get the error and or a swirling circle, fully close/kill the App and restart it and it should show you’re car pre-heating and the only option will be to stop it?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not heating the car, think it's the app. Thought vw might be better than renault app wise, apparently not! Annoying though.

·
Premium Member
6,645 Posts
Definitely not heating the car, think it's the app. Thought vw might be better than renault app wise, apparently not! Annoying though.
Is your car in a good 4G signal area?

My e-Golf was rarely in signal at home, mobile signal is terrible, but there is more of a 4G signal on whatever network the ID.3 is using so quite unexpectedly the App is working better now than it did for me.

Still hit and miss though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Starting to think it is the signal. Just wondered if other people are getting pre heat issues. Heard about Wi-Fi setting, could I let it connect to house Wi-Fi, long shot?

·
Premium Member
6,645 Posts
Starting to think it is the signal. Just wondered if other people are getting pre heat issues. Heard about Wi-Fi setting, could I let it connect to house Wi-Fi, long shot?
Is that feature working yet?

I thought it was one of the things coming with the ME2.1 software?

The WeConnectID App whilst better than the WeConnect App, still leaves a lot to be desired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts