·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
When should IOS be available?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
First "official" (non beta) release is out for Android. Obviously issues, but it's getting there.
You and your teams efforts are much appreciated sir, its like an early Christmas present 👏

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you @Mo1 It's been a crazy frenzy the last few evenings with guys testing and debugging in NL, FR, GE and IT. Big fun. Not enough sleep.

@Chris Paulin You're welcome. There is an iOS version available, with the same name, not made or maintained by us. If it does not fit, there is nothing we can/will do.

Oh but wait, we can! We (this team) will start from scratch a new, native code (Swift for the techies) iOS version, tightly following the Android app code base. If anyone here is a fairly experienced Xcode developer willing to join a small international team of hard working OSS oriented volunteers, PM me.

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
113 Posts
Great job done.
All thanks to the authors for their efforts.
I'm going to check on it tomorrow morning.
Thanks

·
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all. Through a few other forums I hear the KONNWEI optimizations we put in the ELM driver makes a fairly substantial difference. Very glad to hear that. If we don't get too much flak, we'll promote it to production soon, but if you can't wait, enroll in the beta!

·
Registered
ZOE 50 Intens + CCS, Flamme Red
113 Posts
I have quick try of 1.55beta today while parked and get a lot readings. I need a phone holder to check readings during driving.
Or to have it on main screen via AndroidAuto :);)

·
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed a few crashes and settings issues in beta2, uploaded last night.

Fun fact: UK has 610 users, less than 10% of the total. Why don't you guys try to beat France, isn't there always some sort of animosity going on :D ? Germany would be a much harder one to crack :oops:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT Line & Hyundai Ioniq 38kW Premium
64 Posts
Fun fact: UK has 610 users, less than 10% of the total. Why don't you guys try to beat France, isn't there always some sort of animosity going on :D ? Germany would be a much harder one to crack :oops:
Would love to give it a try, but I'm on iOS - I don't own an android device unfortunately.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I tried out past days on ZE50 R135 beta on Android with Vlink and Viecar ELMs, they both work, all works quite well.
However SoH indication is worrying, reporting 88% for 2020 ZE50 4000km 10 months, used in 20-80% range charged 5-7kW always. Another ZE50 checked says 94% after 3800km. Could it be that new BMS reports it different or that somehow both these vehicles see very high degradation ?

·
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We simply report what the battery management systems tells us and the only thing I can say is that some users reported it jives a few times with the dealer's toolkit. My personal take on this is that it's too early to tell. The SOH reported is probably relatively short term and since it usually represents Ah capacity, follows the seasonal average temperature. It does seem to behave differently than my Q210 22 kWh battery system, but it's way too early to call it worrying, bad battery design, or whatnot.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate Long Range RWD in Gravity Gold, Eco & Tech packs
269 Posts
@Chris Paulin You're welcome. There is an iOS version available, with the same name, not made or maintained by us. If it does not fit, there is nothing we can/will do.

How does one access the IOS version?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We simply report what the battery management systems tells us and the only thing I can say is that some users reported it jives a few times with the dealer's toolkit. My personal take on this is that it's too early to tell. The SOH reported is probably relatively short term and since it usually represents Ah capacity, follows the seasonal average temperature. It does seem to behave differently than my Q210 22 kWh battery system, but it's way too early to call it worrying, bad battery design, or whatnot.
thanks, that was my thought as well about the temperatures, will try it in 10C+ temperature after 100% charging and compare

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the same issue - 2 months ago SoH was showing 96% (read with power cruise control app) and now it's 91%. I tried doing readings after the battery was charged from 30% to 100% so the battery temp was the same but during both readings. Full charge was almost 3kwh less too.

·
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same dongle. Actually, we optimized a few things and albeit still slow, it's........ less slow ;-) And then there is the Ferrari-speed "CanSee" dongle of course, but I already digress!

·
Registered
13 Posts
@yoh-there I want to use CanZE with my ZE50 and my iphone. But I’m confused by an earlire post here about the iOS version of the app...
You're welcome. There is an iOS version available, with the same name, not made or maintained by us. If it does not fit, there is nothing we can/will do
This app on the App Store by “Frederic Richard”, is it a different team/ company/ developer?
Am I correct in picking up that you are the primary developer of the CanZE software that most people speak of? And that you are working on a iOS version?
if that’s the case I would rather wait until your ”authentic” version is released.
sorry about all these questions! Maybe I’ve got this all wrong 😑.

Further... Where can I buy the Ferrari fast CanSee WiFi dongle?

Appreciate any advice for an obvious newbie in this territory!

·
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This app on the App Store by “Frederic Richard”, is it a different team/ company/ developer?
That is basically correct, with some nuances, most important ones are:
  • while most are "somewhere" in "some" software industry it's all labor of love, nobody makes money. No companies involved;
  • CanZE Android (what I am involved with) is totally open source, in spirit and in practice. Frederic's is not.

Am I correct in picking up that you are the primary developer of the CanZE software that most people speak of?
That would not be entirely fair. Bob Fisch, who's name this project sits on is the original developer. Both having bought a ZOE pretty early (2013) I joined in later, with zero Android experience I must add, so I have been on quite a ride. It is true though that in the last few years I probably did most commits. As I do not own a ZE50 it's near impossible for me to add to that part which is currently of course the most important, but I still do data processing, release management, tons of quality issue fixing and trying to keep everything together. Next to Bob and me, there are now 3 other team members from all over Europe contributing, which is great fun.

And that you are working on a iOS version?
One of said new team members is an experienced iOS developer and he is building a version from the ground up. The rest are helping where we can (definitions, explanations, extra in-car testing, etc). The main differences with the other project is that this one is being build with native tools (xCode) and will be fully open source, so there is far less "personal dependencies".

if that’s the case I would rather wait until your ”authentic” version is released.
That's "fair dinkum", entirely up to you of course. As my xCode development skills are limited I cannot comment too much, other than that as a team we are committed to open source and making it work. Having said that, Frederic did a great job, and let's not forget, nobody else picked up the iOS baton for years.

sorry about all these questions! Maybe I’ve got this all wrong 😑.
You're fine, and you were pretty much on the ball!

Further... Where can I buy the Ferrari fast CanSee WiFi dongle?
You can't. It's a DIY project you can find here Notice B.V. / CanSee (which is me BTW). It's not even 20 quid in parts, but you or that proverbial nephew do need to have some basic electronics building skills. Any experienced engineer who wants to make this into a kit or something like that is welcome of course, but none of the current team members is even remotely interested in the logistics of THAT.

Appreciate any advice for an obvious newbie in this territory!
You're welcome. I hope this clarifies some of the finer details to others too, so good you asked. This forum is also "well stocked" with knowledgeable members (as long as you stay away from amateur legal advice, but that is my opinion) so there you go!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts