Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really wanted to get my car treated with Crystal Serum Light and Exo 4 but as it's a lease couldn't justify spending hundreds of my own £'s as will change it in 3 years. Decided will try to keep paint work in tip top condition myself. So today went to town on car. Proper 2 bucket wash, clay bar and waxed with Collinite 915 wax. Love the finish. Waxed cars before with Turtle Wax but this wax is in a league of its own.
IMG_20200806_131902.jpg
IMG_20200806_132729.jpg

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Must get a machine buffer/polisher though. Such hard work hand buffing. Anyone recommend a good one?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Liking your work. Collinite definitely good stuff but quite hard work.

Dual action polishers are great when you need to polish. I’m not sure I’d bother polishing a lease. 😉

Now it’s nice and clean, for less effort, and especially in winter when you don’t want to be outside, I can recommend Gyeon Wash+ and Wetcoat. Quartz coating without the hassle. It lasts a few months easily.

I’m thinking of trying the Autoglym polar stuff which is similar. I’ve used the snow foam and it’s pretty good.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely hard work. Must be applied thinly and not allow to dry too much. Is this Gyeon stuff like Demon Shine? I have lots left from previous cars so don't want to waste it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
It’s a quartz coating, which I don’t think demon shine is, so properly hydrophobic.

Another easier alternative to Collinite would be Carlack (it’s what’s sold as Supagard I believe).

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm very impressed with the results from Bilt Hamber products, with very little time and effort. The auto wash leaves something behind that beads water, it almost looks polished after a wash. The double speed wax is really quick to use as the name suggests. Their clay is also really good.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm very impressed with the results from Bilt Hamber products, with very little time and effort. The auto wash leaves something behind that beads water, it almost looks polished after a wash. The double speed wax is really quick to use as the name suggests. Their clay is also really good.
BH stuff rocks. The wheel cleaner is the best I’ve used. And Ferrosol is fantastic for pretty much anything! Snow foam works well but doesn’t look ‘exciting’.

I’ve not tried their newer protection products as Autobalm was a right faff, albeit very good once on.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Collinite is superb. It is only hard to remove if you've done it wrong - it is SO easy to over-apply 476 and 915, EVEN when you know not to. They only need a faint haze and if you're dipping into the tin more than once per panel you're using too much. Work it out to just a smear across the whole panel and it comes off easily, doesn't waste product and protects and lasts just as well.

I've bought 845 as well, but it just doesn't last like 476 does.

If you don't want to go down the Ceramic coating route then I found that layering 476 on top of Autoglym EGP was a really strong combo, this is how that was performing on our Volvo 6 months after application (applied in September, this photo was in March, so it had been through UK winter):

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check out Fusso soft 99. It's a PTFE based wax/sealant. Amazing gloss and durability with extreme water beading.
I normally polish with Auto Finesse Tripple first.

Got a new 330e this week so will be polishing and waxing tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Slightly off topic... any recommendations for dressing interior vinyl / leatherette / vegan leather? My MG is the first car I’ve hard with squidgy dash and synthetic leather seats.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Carpro PERL. Great for tyre dressing, black plastic exterior trim, interior plastics and pleather. Has displaced an awful lot of other products for me. Smells good too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took a work van to a scratch and shine a few months ago. Van was rotten. £30 later it looked lovely. I jump in and get hit by the stench of chemicals. They'd even sprayed silicone dressing all over the floor. Driving a transit van in leather soled shoes with pedals coated in 'summer berries' dashshine was terrifying to say the least.
Only take them there end of lease...

·
Registered
90 Posts
BH stuff rocks. The wheel cleaner is the best I’ve used. And Ferrosol is fantastic for pretty much anything! Snow foam works well but doesn’t look ‘exciting’.

I’ve not tried their newer protection products as Autobalm was a right faff, albeit very good once on.
A third here for Bilt Hamber products. I’m new to their use but very impressed with their wheel cleaner, shampoo and double speed wax. Snow foam is meant to be excellent so will be investing when my current lot runs out. All products seem great value too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts