Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I was reminded of this spreadsheet I made a while back for my own purposes to compare the costs of different ICE lease deals a few years back, and then a few months back I used it to compare the estimated costs of potential used car purchases, and then more recently to compare the costs of the i3 I've now got..!

Anyway, I thought I'd post it here as it could possibly be useful for others.

All you should need to do is fill in the relevant sections and it should automatically calculate the "amortised" monthly, and the overall monthly cost, and the average cost per mile taking into consideration all factors.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ARUrS7YaFM...

It was created with ICE cars in mind, so it needs some work to properly adapt it for EVs, but it can be made to work.

For my i3 - which I've added at the bottom - I've manipulated the 'MPG' to reflect the actual average electricity cost of 2.5p per mile that I've experienced to date.

As far as I understand Google Sheets, you need to download a copy of the spreadsheet via the link so that you can then use it as you wish in your Sheets account, Excel or Apple Numbers (If anyone knows of a better solution to share it please let me know).

Also, let me know if there are any suggestions to improve it.

Cheers!

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've updated this now so you should hopefully be able to use it online without needing to download it.

"IF YOU SEE SOMEONE ELSE IS USING THE SHEET, WAIT UNTIL THEY APPEAR TO HAVE FINISHED BEFORE CHANGING THE ANNUAL MILEAGE / FUEL PRICES OR CREATE A DUPLICATE SHEET BY CLICKING ON THE 'Sheet1' TAB AT THE BOTTOM."

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Open to suggestions about what to include to make this more relevant to EVs as well..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Open to suggestions about what to include to make this more relevant to EVs as well..
Sale value after x years.
If we look at the used market, a ev holds much more value % from new than ices. It can make the difference between buying one or the other

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sale value after x years.
If we look at the used market, a ev holds much more value % from new than ices. It can make the difference between buying one or the other
Yes, I need to adapt the spreadsheet a bit so it can also be used for car purchases - it’s mainly for contract hire lease deals or subscriptions like Evezy as it is.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes, I need to adapt the spreadsheet a bit so it can also be used for car purchases - it’s mainly for contract hire lease deals or subscriptions like Evezy as it is.

Problem is that people will see :
Buying car and owning it for 5 years= 23000
Evezy for 5 years = 20000

And completely forget that the bought one would bring 10000 back reducing the "cost" to 13000.

Some people can't see past the "how much per month" cost

·
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've updated this now so it can be used to calculate and compare the total cost of running purchased cars, as well leased cars.

For a purchased car, only columns with blue header text are relevant.

Man maths the other way

1 - 7 of 7 Posts