Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I have followed this very carefully in the hope I might properly understand it and I don't, but I have come to a conclusion... rightly or wrongly...

Tesla is a single, small (at the moment), lone challenger to Chrysler, GM (mainly) etc, and they fear their success. So they have lobbied everywhere in favour of anything that might slow Tesla down. I see this as just a corporate tactic in that effort.

I don't see it as anything to do with the service offered to the car buyers and everything to do with the manufacturers.

I might be wrong but that is my best guess right now.

The sad thing is that Tesla is inevitable... or, if Tesla go bust, then another EV company similar to Tesla is inevitable. They are like King Cnut trying to hold back the sea... it can't be done. Eventually, be it now or in the future, EVs will break through to mainstream. It is just a matter of time.

So I am surprised that they don't embrace it and try to get ahead of the game instead of throwing sticks in the hope they can slow things down. The same criticism could be said of the oil companies...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I think what they are frightened of is not tesla, but teslas success. If GM or Ford start to see success in the direct model and greater profits from dealing direct to the end customer, then they may decide to try it themselves and thats what the dealers are frightened of.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts