Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I am Iq Ali... a psycho car enthusiast who can clearly see "the future is EVs" :) I blog about cars at XAutoWorld.com

Also Tesla Model 3 is not available in selection on sign-up, admin pls add it

Thanks and let me know how you guys are doing !

·
1,544 Posts
Hi everyone,
I am Iq Ali... a psycho car enthusiast who can clearly see "the future is EVs" :) I blog about cars at XAutoWorld.com

Also Tesla Model 3 is not available in selection on sign-up, admin pls add it

Welcome to Speak EV @Iqtidar Ali, do you actually own all those EVs that you've listed? Also, where on "Planet Earth" are you located?

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Hi Iq (is it ok to abbreviate your name like this?), as you're in rather a sunny but low-average-income part of the world, it would be interesting to know more. Suppose you had an EV out there, what's the cost of petrol & electricity? In USA petrol's very cheap compared to UK, so EVs are that bit more attractive over here. Now it's starting to get sunnier, I'm able to do about half my EV charging on my 4 kW solar panel setup, and the way solar electricity is subsidised over here means that bit actually costs me nothing at all !!! So my electric miles cost me about 2p per mile (ignoring tyres etc).

I imagine you have plenty of sunshine compared to UK, but again, are solar panels affordable? I wonder if your gvt imposes huge import duty like Australia does, which might hold back EV/PHEV takeup. Andy.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
May I suggest that a good way would be to read through 'back copies' of the forums to see what progress , or lack of, that we as a group have made.
Perhaps you could do a review of the Mihandra car recently on sale here in the UK, presumably they are more common near to you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@HandyAndy, Yeah IQ is just fine... you're right about our part of the world, I think in the current scenario EVs wouldn't be very successful here... both in India & Pakistan because there is major energy crisis in most of the cities so it would be impractical to launch such vehicle in this situation, also electricity is expensive here. Solar panels are not much affordable for a common man as well but for a guy capable of having a $35-40k Car it would'nt be that much.

Most cars over in Pakistan are already green because we're blessed by nature with huge amounts of Natural Gas (CNG), we use it in our homes, industry and cars, so we have low-emission alternative of petrol available for about 10 years or so. Yes, we already have heavy duties on imported vehicles but it's reduced on hybrid by about 50% by the govt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@BarryP Noted your suggestion but I mostly write about things I am passionate about, Tesla has hit me with a storm like the rest of the world. Also writing/blogging is not my main work, I am a Tech guy who has clients about around the world, this Auto website is just one of my two passions tech/cars :) but I was thinking of writing about Indian/Pakistani cars but that would take some time...

Thanks !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts