Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, had the car in for an mot and service last month and they said its now due the recall or check of the traction battery. Hoping I'll be eligible for a replacement. GOM shows 27 miles fully charged no AC but seems to drop more quickly than usual these days.

Yesterday I stuck it on charge at home and started the charge manually. Came out to it this morning and it only charged to 10miles. Very odd!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
893 Posts
I asked for a battery check on my second service and all the dealer did was a simple check with a receipt like piece of paper that said it charged and seemed to be working OK. I was hoping for something more detailed about the individual cells.

Keep us posted on what they actually give you and the outcome.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine was checked in the summer and came back as no replacement needed. It was done at VW Colindale though who took 3 goes at resolving my squeaky suspension. Wish I'd taken it elsewhere now.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I asked for a battery check on my second service and all the dealer did was a simple check with a receipt like piece of paper that said it charged and seemed to be working OK. I was hoping for something more detailed about the individual cells.

Keep us posted on what they actually give you and the outcome.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
If you ask the dealer for a battery condition check, they should provide you with at least one sheet of paper that gives a performance check of each cell in the HV pack.
Assuming they know how to carry out the check that is !.
Having any ( EV ) VW dealer carry out this service function, should not be confused with the HV battery pack recall.
This is report is produced by software that has the ability to probe the HV pack.
To carry out the HV recall, this both a physical then visual inspections of the HV pack.
This necessitates the complete removal of the HV pack and then splitting both halves of the case that houses the cell packs.
They are checking for water ingress, pure and simple.
If there is no evidence of corrosion, your pack will be reassembled with new casings or just resealed.
You will not receive a new HV pack unless the inside of the pack has been badly damaged by water.
When my previous GTE had this work carried out, I was the 11th car they had done the recall on.
Only one car received a new pack.
The car was booked in for three days due to the distance we had to travel to get the work done.
But I believe this work can be carried out in just one day in normal circumstances.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it didn't get a new battery but it did get a new casing. Parts cost was around £900, obviously under warranty. Think they said the battery would've cost around 6k!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Well it didn't get a new battery but it did get a new casing. Parts cost was around £900, obviously under warranty. Think they said the battery would've cost around 6k!

That appears to be the norm.
Not many get a new HV pack.
£900 does not get you much from VW.
The dealers labour rate bill to VW under the warranty claim we be around that figure also.
Not much change out of £2,000 I am thinking.
New pack plus labour, you are going to nearer the £8,000 mark !.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts