Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My wife's car insurance is due in a few week's time.

I used PlugInsure in the past & it was very cheap. For example, I paid about £200 for the car insurance premium for my Nissan Leaf 30 KWh a year ago.

PlugInsure gave my wife a rather high quote. They claim it's because their main service provider does not offer cheaper EV premiums anymore.

I would be grateful if there is anyone who can advise of an insurance provider that offers very competitive rates for EVs compared to mainstream car insurance premiums.

I have done a google search & tried obtaining quotes from other car insurance companies (for my wife's car insurance), but the quotes have been rather high (About £700 / Year - With 2 Years No Claims Bonus).

Thanks..

O.A

·
Registered
802 Posts
Directline. Good value, and they no longer play silly beggars at renewal by hiking the price and hoping you won't notice.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
surely you just apply the standard rule of hitting up a comparison site or two, and then comparing with DirectLine and/or Aviva

There are so many variables in insurance, theres Zero point asking other people who they use or what they pay, unless they have identical stats to you (right down to living in the same house).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts