Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting 10 months for my car, my dealer wasn't inclined to include any car mats.
I'm not too keen on the official mats as they seem overpriced for what you get. Does anyone have any third party recommendations? I've seen a few websites that appear to have customised mats. E.g vehiclematsuk
Halfords are useless. They'll have custom mats for fords but not for the best EV in the UK.

·
Registered
203 Posts
After waiting 10 months for my car, my dealer wasn't inclined to include any car mats.
I'm not too keen on the official mats as they seem overpriced for what you get. Does anyone have any third party recommendations? I've seen a few websites that appear to have customised mats. E.g vehiclematsuk
Halfords are useless. They'll have custom mats for fords but not for the best EV in the UK.
These have been recommended in the forums.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,838 Posts
I had the same choice and went with https://www.carmats-uk.com/

Custom made mats (actually the company did not have the Soul EV 2020, so I contacted them and within 24h they had sourced the mats profiles and added them to the website). I'm expecting delivery today or tomorrow, and I can let you know the result.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
324 Posts
Really? That´s being cheap in the superlative degree. And a couple of years from now they´ll start wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth because people buy cars online and don´t use dealers anymore.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Really? That´s being cheap in the superlative degree. And a couple of years from now they´ll start wringing their hands and gnashing their teeth because people buy cars online and don´t use dealers anymore.
My dealer only gave me a set of mats after I had pointed out they had made an error. They told me there's no discounts, offers or even mats with EVs because KIA don't pay dealers any commission for them - just a flat fee for selling them.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,838 Posts
What Kia Dealership was it?

I'm shocked they didn't just give you a set without asking!
my dealer asked for ~£70 I think

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,838 Posts
Here are my custom mats:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very nice. Thanks for the pics. You've just made my choice easier :)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
324 Posts
My dealer only gave me a set of mats after I had pointed out they had made an error. They told me there's no discounts, offers or even mats with EVs because KIA don't pay dealers any commission for them - just a flat fee for selling them.
Differences per country then. I haggled on the price, the car comes with the granny charger and a type 2 cable, they throw in mats and I convinced them into giving me the cross bars for the roof rack for free as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got £500 off mine (UK) after threatening to cancel because the car turned up 2 months early. In fact we did cancel, but were called back and persuaded not to. We’re pleased it worked out though, so far (800 miles) it seems the perfect car for local/medium distance stuff.

They wouldn’t give us mats though! Quoted about £70, I got a nice set from Carmats.co.uk for £32.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got £500 off mine (UK) after threatening to cancel because the car turned up 2 months early. In fact we did cancel, but were called back and persuaded not to. We’re pleased it worked out though, so far (800 miles) it seems the perfect car for local/medium distance stuff.

They wouldn’t give us mats though! Quoted about £70, I got a nice set from Carmats.co.uk for £32.
Yup about to order a set from there myself. I wouldn't have had the guts to threaten a cancel..my dealer said many times that the deposit was 100% refundable because there was such a large waiting list, Kia would simply reallocate it to someone else.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The thing was that we genuinely weren’t too bothered. We replaced a nice SLK and it was only doing about 5000 miles in a good year. It was being sold to a friend and it made it more difficult for him being early and in the current Covid era, so when we cancelled we really weren’t bothered either way. The £500 sweetened things though and we have no regrets now.

By the way, I got the impression that our dealer had already had a sale or two cancelled because of people not being sure of things in the current economic situation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts