Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations? Apparently not included with my purchase.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
86 Posts
I bought a standard set of these for winter, and I was impressed with general quality. Website suggests that they fit 2020, and I cant see that dimensions would have changed. Fittings matched up and secure them in place well. Not much between my OEM mats supplied with car, and these. Have also bought these mats for Mazda CX5 and Seat Leon and all fitted as well as the factory ones.

Hyundai Ioniq 2017 - 2020 Car Mats

Octopus Energy link shown below. Anybody can help themselves to £50 credit on their account if they wish to switch. Perfect for Ioniqs as a 4 hour overnight window costs only 5p per kWh, and you can set that up in the car's settings. ( for what its worth I use a Podpoint 7kW charger, which has also been very reliable)

·
Registered
380 Posts
2020 Ioniq Electric EV mats have changed dramatically in size and design, so beware of any aftermarket claims of "fits 2016 Onwards" because they won't!

I've heard genuine carpet mats for the EV are around £65.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I bought a standard set of these for winter, and I was impressed with general quality. Website suggests that they fit 2020, and I cant see that dimensions would have changed. Fittings matched up and secure them in place well. Not much between my OEM mats supplied with car, and these. Have also bought these mats for Mazda CX5 and Seat Leon and all fitted as well as the factory ones.

Hyundai Ioniq 2017 - 2020 Car Mats

Octopus Energy link shown below. Anybody can help themselves to £50 credit on their account if they wish to switch. Perfect for Ioniqs as a 4 hour overnight window costs only 5p per kWh, and you can set that up in the car's settings. ( for what its worth I use a Podpoint 7kW charger, which has also been very reliable)
Those will not fit the 2020 EV, they may well fit the Hybrid and Plug in.

The whole floor pan shape has changed, I guess to accommodate the larger battery capacity, on the full EV.

·
Life's too short to wait for a Kona .....
86 Posts
2020 Ioniq Electric EV mats have changed dramatically in size and design, so beware of any aftermarket claims of "fits 2016 Onwards" because they won't!

I've heard genuine carpet mats for the EV are around £65.
Thanks for the correction. I'm testing the new model on 11th of February so I will have a good look. Genuine carpets £65 !! Will wait until this company update their site...'cos I wouldn't pay that!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Thanks for the correction. I'm testing the new model on 11th of February so I will have a good look. Genuine carpets £65 !! Will wait until this company update their site...'cos I wouldn't pay that!!
No prob.

I'm currently waiting for a company called pattern one www.patternone.com to come back to me with some rubber mats.

They sent me out a decent quality set of rubber mats for £19.99, unfortunately they don't fit the 2020 EV! They were not aware that the pattern had changed.

Following a conversation they agreed to try and find a car local to them, (Milton Keynes), to template.

They have told me this is being done today.

Hopefully, as they actually manufacture them, I will have a set soon.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No prob.

I'm currently waiting for a company called pattern one www.patternone.com to come back to me with some rubber mats.

They sent me out a decent quality set of rubber mats for £19.99, unfortunately they don't fit the 2020 EV! They were not aware that the pattern had changed.

Following a conversation they agreed to try and find a car local to them, (Milton Keynes), to template.

They have told me this is being done today.

Hopefully, as they actually manufacture them, I will have a set soon.?
Will they be making carpet mats too?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Will they be making carpet mats too?
I can't remember the site, but I once found a mat supplier that would send a template out for new cars and ask you to draw them in for a discount. I don't know how well this would work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got the official mats from the dealer - we did order the rubber mats originally but apparently they don't make them for the 2020 ?‍♂

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did they have an update when you rang them? I will be interested once they start selling them. Thanks.
I phoned them and they told me they finally found a car to template at MK Hyundai and when they got back to the factory they discovered the template was exactly the same as the one they already had!

I explained that it must have been a 2016/19 car.

To cut a long story shorter; they couriered out their templates to me yesterday to "recut" for them, which I did this morning, and they are going to get them picked up, together with their non-fitting mats, on Monday.

To be fair, the owner of the company, Peter, was guided by the people at Hyundai.

He was actually most helpful and we had a good chat about the issue and came up with this solution.

So if they don't fit now it will probably be my fault.

I think the chances of them getting the mats back to me before I go away for a few weeks are slim to none, so it's a case of "watch this space" I'm afraid!?

·
Registered
905 Posts
I phoned them and they told me they finally found a car to template at MK Hyundai and when they got back to the factory they discovered the template was exactly the same as the one they already had!

I explained that it must have been a 2016/19 car.

To cut a long story shorter; they couriered out their templates to me yesterday to "recut" for them, which I did this morning, and they are going to get them picked up, together with their non-fitting mats, on Monday.

To be fair, the owner of the company, Peter, was guided by the people at Hyundai.

He was actually most helpful and we had a good chat about the issue and came up with this solution.

So if they don't fit now it will probably be my fault.

I think the chances of them getting the mats back to me before I go away for a few weeks are slim to none, so it's a case of "watch this space" I'm afraid!?
My Ioniq arrived yesterday without mats (tbh I can't believe it; wireless charging, reversing camera, load of tech including lane keeping, smart cruise control, sensors all over the place, auto mirrors, LED lights etc, but no mats).

How did you get on with this company and are they available for others?

P.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
482 Posts
I just bought a 38 kWh 69 plate from Motorline Hyundai in Worcester, doesn't come with mats but they do have them in stock for....£72

·
Registered
380 Posts
My Ioniq arrived yesterday without mats (tbh I can't believe it; wireless charging, reversing camera, load of tech including lane keeping, smart cruise control, sensors all over the place, auto mirrors, LED lights etc, but no mats).

How did you get on with this company and are they available for others?

P.
Got them made and they fitted.

The back ones are perfect. I could have made the front ones a little longer on the back edges but was worried they might ride up on the sloping bit running up to the seats.

All the clips fit and they do the job for me for £19.99 delivered.

Sorry, can't do any pics at the moment as we are away for a few weeks.

If you want to go in blind I'm sure they'll make you a set!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got them made and they fitted.

The back ones are perfect. I could have made the front ones a little longer on the back edges but was worried they might ride up on the sloping bit running up to the seats.

All the clips fit and they do the job for me for £19.99 delivered.

Sorry, can't do any pics at the moment as we are away for a few weeks.

If you want to go in blind I'm sure they'll make you a set!
Thanks for this, rang them this morning and they wanted £57. You probably got a discount for doing the template.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks for this, rang them this morning and they wanted £57. You probably got a discount for doing the template.
Quotes £37 in the end for a different material, so I have gone for this.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Quotes £37 in the end for a different material, so I have gone for this.
That is disappointing!

The original rubber mats they sent out were £19.99.

I would be surprised if they are relying fully on my template. They may now have been out and done their own.

Can't see why the new ones should be more, unless they are just profiteering because no one else makes them at the moment.

Mine were just a straight swap!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts