Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days, Car-net has being a royal pain.
Started with inability to login on iOS app; wrong password it states, even though it wasn’t. But using same credentials it would login on website.
Then no vehicle assigned, but it was.
Then all appears ok for 24 hours. Today car was in for free health check; no work done or plugged in to diagnostic equipment.
Return home, charged up, all appears ok; but upon checking app, yellow error beside plug symbol.
Upon clicking on alert, check SOC, alongside a greyed out battery level.
Any suggestions; as Car-net has for me, been great for last 12-18 months without too much hassles, unlike first 12 months when it was very problematic.
Tried submitting troubleshooting to feedback email, but last time I did this; answer was pretty useless!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
A lot of problems are solved by completely closing the app, so on iOS that’s double clicking the Home button, and swiping up to close the app.

Sometimes it seems the car can’t get a mobile signal, and then nothing is going to work properly.

I’d say it works 80% of the time for me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believed my rants to VW support must have worked wonders, all ok when tried this morning; this afternoon whilst charging, no car again again within app.
Force closing, deleting app, no difference. Sometime later, it’s all ok again.
That’s what I get for saying it’s been reliable for so long.
Me and my big mouth!

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a reply from VW Car-net support. At least I have had a good explanation and confirmed monitoring of the situation.
All has been good again.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services and your patience.

We regret that you seem to encounter some issues with Volkswagen Car-Net app communication. However, we will be more than glad to assist you.

During the last two days of the previous month and intermittently on the 2nd, 4th and 5th of June, there have been short periods of services downtime due to server updates and maintenance, which are possible to have interfered with your Security & Service package services.

It is possible, for example, that the charging of your Golf has not been properly communicated to the application or the website due to the server undergoing maintenance at the time. Not being able to login or receiving inconsistent information in the app at the time would also be possible due to this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My car-net is completely banjaxed. Apparently I'm parked at Edinburgh Airport with 7 miles E available.
I was, over a week ago, but I'm not now and haven't been since Friday.
Tried all the usual methods and even uninstalled the app. No joy - even on the PC version.
Also tried direct plugging in via carplay as that ensures the car is talking to the phone, hence has an internet connection, but still no luck. I'm running out of options!

I don't really mind that much but if it's not solved soon my morning journeys will not be pre-warmed!.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked Car-net; all ok here in Fife. Whether servers were down or hiccups in the built in Sim earlier.
Occasionally have the bonnet showing as open, when it’s not; generally after checking levels then plugging in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My car-net is completely banjaxed. Apparently I'm parked at Edinburgh Airport with 7 miles E available.
I was, over a week ago, but I'm not now and haven't been since Friday.
Tried all the usual methods and even uninstalled the app. No joy - even on the PC version.
Also tried direct plugging in via carplay as that ensures the car is talking to the phone, hence has an internet connection, but still no luck. I'm running out of options!

I don't really mind that much but if it's not solved soon my morning journeys will not be pre-warmed!.
I had this from November 2018 till January. I tried various wi-fi connections etc. Eventually VW support (via Car-Net portal) de-registered the car, performed a Car-Net in-car factory reset and then concluded the "third-line database geniuses" had to "do something" . Eventually after 9 weeks it just started working, so I assume something was clogging their database up on my car and they cleared it. That let it start updating again. Everything since then has been fine with Car-Net barring the maintenance periods when the app can't login.

May be worth trying them, though they'll work through their script and have you try different wi-fi etc.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car-net app down, undergoing maintenance. Message stating to download new Volkswagen We Connect app after 6pm CET.
Would this now be time for a more fully integrated and reliable app, or just another rehash that has glitches.
Will wait and see tonight!

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After you suss out an issue with VW passwords; different apps using different passwords, all bar one character in our case; all new app good and rapid, and so far works a treat.
Next few days will be the test, when everyone starts porting over to the new app; Car-net is dead.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just logged onto new app, selecting the option "Vehicle Locked" gives me an error stating "This online service is locked. You can find out more from Volkswagen We Connect." - except I've not found anything. Is this something payable in the app, or is it a bug? I'd assumed it was remote lock/unlock perhaps?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Noticed this thread and decided to look at CarNet for the first time in weeks.

It's gone!

And further down my app list We Connect has appeared! All by itself and without my permission/intervention. Spooky and annoying..

The app looks nice and works quickly though. Time will tell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just logged onto new app, selecting the option "Vehicle Locked" gives me an error stating "This online service is locked. You can find out more from Volkswagen We Connect." - except I've not found anything. Is this something payable in the app, or is it a bug? I'd assumed it was remote lock/unlock perhaps?
View attachment 120850
Turns out the feature is not available on my car - VW state "Certain 2019 model vehicles feature an additional service, which allows the user to remotely lock or unlock the car and is triggered through the padlock option in the app."

So no remote lock/unlock for me on my 2017 Passat GTE :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think I have the remote lock/unlock thing available to me but haven’t set it up yet (it involves verifying my identity with VW). Not sure I’d ever use it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts