Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So frustrating ... maybe they are adding new features like ... MPG / Kwh use ... (y)

... maybe not it's probably to plug the latest security hole that the Russian hackers found! :mad:

upload_2017-1-12_15-43-52.png

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It would be nice if they added some of the features other countries have...... remote lock unlock, bleep the horn etc.
And of course then there's the eManager enhancements ....like adding in the wing mirrors to the window-demist ....

And other requests ?

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep .. back up now .. unlike the M6 which seems to be "down" .. on the slight hint of snow! :( Arrghhhh ...:mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
86 Posts
MPG would be my most wanted feature.

Interestingly (well, vaguely interesting) is that if you look at the raw data it loads on the car-net site there is something about electric consumption, but I'm not sure what this refers to. There are also fields reserved for fuel consumption but they are all 0.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My car-net has not been playing for two days now, very frustrating because I do like to keep check from where ever I'm sat.
The last time it worked I was alerted to a window being open, after a few refreshes the window was then shown as closed but there was no connector plugged in for charging. With jacket on I went for a cold walk to find windows closed and charging working fine.

Bri

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Car Net app froze when I plugged in to charge the other day. It was stuck saying it has 1hr30 left to charge, it was saying that for 2 days even though I was driving the vehicle. I deleted everything and reconnected to try and get it working again, now it is not getting anything from the vehicle. Is this normal? Anybody had any joy recently?

·
Registered
86 Posts
@Luke Saunders Luke please could you outline how you pulled the data ? Thanks.
Sorry @gladini I missed this question. In Chrome, go to volkswagen-car-net.com, log in etc, then open Chrome's developer tools (on my Mac this is in the view menu: view -> developer -> developer tools), then in the dev tools panel choose the network tab, then on the car net site click 'more' on the driving data panel, then you should have a screen like in my screenshot and you can choose the get-trip-statistics request, click on that, then click on preview. That's it.

Actually @Luke Saunders if you look at the javascript from the Car-Net there are some clues for the electric consumption .. see this, it seems it's Kwh per 100km .. WHY WON'T VW GIVES US OUR OWN DATA!!!!
Nice find! Actually kind of a useless statistic then without the MPG too.

My Car Net app froze when I plugged in to charge the other day. It was stuck saying it has 1hr30 left to charge, it was saying that for 2 days even though I was driving the vehicle. I deleted everything and reconnected to try and get it working again, now it is not getting anything from the vehicle. Is this normal? Anybody had any joy recently?
It's not normal and mine has been working fine the past couple of days. I assume not since you've been driving around, but could it be that your car doesn't have mobile reception, so can't communicate with the mothership?

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been intermittent for me. The GOM info seems correct, but cannot control the A/C, and mostly says the "charging plug not connected" when it plainly is! :(
It's been like this for a few days now ..

So seems like info sent from the car is making it's way to the VW server, but no A/C control info makes it back .. (So they've broken something).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine's been out since Thursday afternoon - neither the app or the website will update. I have the WLAN set to my home network and I've tried deleting and resetting it in the car to no avail.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Same bad as others, since Thursday sounds right.
Web, iOS app, Android app, all not able to get right status nor send a change-status request.

Either all our affected cars cannot talk up to the server, unlikely or, the server doesn't want to listen to them, or the server doesn't want to tell us what it knows anymore.

Would be nice if the brand did not implement changes mid week, and if the CarNet brand manager got paid in line with the service being available.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just used Car-net to start charging and pre-heat; communications were as nornal, with feedback stating both have stated.
Maybe just a server having some downtime/maintenance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, good morning,

Don't forget that VW wants you to pay for this service. Will have to reconsider when the offer period expires.

rgds,
M

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mine has broken altogether now. Even GOM is "old data" .. arrgghhh .. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

.. what was the best way to recover (if we think the server is all OK again?). Both website and APK are both showing same (wrong) GOM data, and no changes can be made.

BTW regards payment, that ain't happening from my point of view until they add back MPG / Kwh info that I can subsequently download to csv / xls.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm going to give it until thurs before I try deleting the car on the website sign on, and re registering. ( or try removing + re adding smartphone app)
If some people are still able to use eManager then it's not a total server cockup.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was on the phone to them earlier today but they were not able to be much help because, surprise...the system was down.
(although not connected to car-net system)

Last connection I had was 19/01/2017 at 1430hours which I think tallies with a few others here

Bri

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yeah. They really need to sort these bugs out because it's just starting to pee people off. This morning heavy frost and couldn't set the car to de-ice. Annoying

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine has been stuck on Saturday's data until this morning and now I notice that the charge level/status has updated but nothing else. Up until now this has been pretty good and reliable. I actually like the Car Net app, I find it useful. I'm certainly not going to pay for it when it runs out next year.

Has anyone had any feedback from VWCS?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts