Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
This is my first post so be kind...
I've been trying to register my GTE with car net for weeks and have spoken to the lovely Jane at VW customer services numerous times to no avail.
Turns out the solution may be a very simple one. Turn on the ignition of the car before you type in your mileage on the registration page and it works straight away.

It did for me anyway so hopefully this will help some others too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi All,
This is my first post so be kind...
I've been trying to register my GTE with car net for weeks and have spoken to the lovely Jane at VW customer services numerous times to no avail . . . .
SUCCESS AT LAST!
Car purchased on 8th March 2016. Attempted to register on CarNet pretty soon afterwards. Success - nil. Raised a call with customer services (VWCS). Many screen shots of failures to enter mileage sent between me and VWCS but still failure.
The lovely Jane phoned last Thursday saying that the website had been sorted; please try to enter mileage again. This generated a truly amazing error - SOAP.ENROLLMENT.SOAP.FAULT.EMPTY.follwed by 32 numbers and letters! Phoned Jane who attempted to login for me - failed. She tried to create a new account - failed, portal down. Gave up and said we'd talk tomorrow.
Went shopping, came back to an email saying CarNet account activated. And it is. Yay!
Customer Services in the UK seem to struggle to understand what's going on with VW services in Germany, but, fair do's, Jane does not give up. So now I'm connected I need to work out whether this is any use to me! (don't have the navigation option on my GTE). But it is nice to know that the car is charging in my garage at home ;)
PS : Bell_pa's wrinkle about the ignition did not work for me.

·
Registered
603 Posts
After reading above post; thought my last 4 months of waiting on resolving Car-net registration milage issues was over on the new portal.
But no, same error message as Silverback.
Yet another email with screenshot attached sent to VW CC.
Can it really be this difficult to resolve a milage enter query?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts