Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Have you seen fuel use data in Car-Net App or Web portal?

• I have BOTH Mpg and Mi-Kwh Data in my Car-Net App (Woohoo!)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I DO NOT have any fuel use Data in my Car-Net App (Arrgghh)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • What's Car-Net App?

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Don't care ..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUST ADDED A QUICK POLL .. please please tick the box. Thx (y)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone tried to export your excel data in the wonderful Car-Net Web app recently?

Seems like someone at VW has tidied the XLS sheet up a little, but a bit pointless without the MPG and Kwh/100km data!! :cry:

Apart from the E-Golf, E-Up drivers, has any of the new GTE cars got any other data in the 3 rightmost columns?
upload_2017-8-17_14-23-13.png

·
Registered
491 Posts
My August build is due for delivery next Friday with the new Pro Nav. Will be interesting to see if there are any new features or not in the car and in the app

·
Registered
865 Posts
I used to have kWh/100km in the downloadable spreadsheet but VW removed it with an update - very frustrating. Never had mpg data though which is silly as in a hybrid you need both to make sense of everything. The app has only ever showed distance and time data for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone ever considered additional telematic devices? I’ve been asked if I’d be willing to have one fitted as part of the electric nation trial. They want the charging data, but they’ll give me access to everything it records to do with as I like if I agree. Could be very interesting for looking at consumption data etc.

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to have kWh/100km in the downloadable spreadsheet but VW removed it with an update
An update of the Car-Net app, Web portal or vehicle software?

I'm trying to understand why new MY18 cars seem to be able to see new features and MPG / MiKwh data .. obviously the App and server is the same, so the only difference is that VW are blocking MY15-17 cars .. or that our cars need a vehicle gateway / firmware update?!!? No-one seems to know which it is .. :confused:

I'm absolutely convinced that the VW data engineers have access to ALL the battery stats on all MY cars .. this is critical to keeping on top of failures .. and predicting future expensive battery life failures! ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
An update of the Car-Net app, Web portal or vehicle software?

I'm trying to understand why new MY18 cars seem to be able to see new features and MPG / MiKwh data .. obviously the App and server is the same, so the only difference is that VW are blocking MY15-17 cars .. or that our cars need a vehicle gateway / firmware update?!!? No-one seems to know which it is .. :confused:

I'm absolutely convinced that the VW data engineers have access to ALL the battery stats on all MY cars .. this is critical to keeping on top of failures .. and predicting future expensive battery life failures! ;)
It was an update of the web portal. I don't think I ever had electric mileage in the phone app. Don't remember any changes after the firmware update on the first car service last April.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is what I see when I export - I have a 67 GTE Advance MY18
upload_2017-9-27_11-20-14.png

As it happens my car-net hasn't updated since Sunday (a separate issue)

I know this might be off topic but I know the battery in the Golf GTE is 8.7KWh. In the table above there is a journey of 21 miles. The car was fully charged and ran out range after 18 miles. The table shows that Journey only used 5.9kWh of electricity - Where is my other 2.8kWh? :/

·
Regular contributor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this might be off topic but I know the battery in the Golf GTE is 8.7KWh. In the table above there is a journey of 21 miles. The car was fully charged and ran out range after 18 miles. The table shows that Journey only used 5.9kWh of electricity - Where is my other 2.8kWh? :/
@GTETulpy Only slightly off topic, but welcome! The GOM only shows the "usable range" that VW want the car to use. We know from other observations and other peoples comments that at least 15~20% of that 8.7Kwh battery is not available (to allow battery degradation, and not allowing a full discharge). So maybe maybe up to 10% at each end. :eek:

However with your calculations the difference is 32%, much higher than most peoples expectations. Some of the difference will be other electrical loads (did you have A/C on?, wipers? lights? etc), but even after that there still seems some unexplained missing electrons!

Certainly if I had the stats available for my Passat, I would be able to understand more .. but I cannot get what you have .. which is very annoying!! :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've done a couple of journeys since where I have exhausted the battery supply before the car automatically switches to Hybrid. I still can't seem to get more than 5.9kw showing as used in the carnet download. I'll give it a few weeks before I go and ask the dealer, hopefully i'll have a decent dataset by then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts