Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2016 GTE and for a week I've been unable to get the car-net/we connect to work.
In the car when you try to load up car-net it says "Car-Net cannot be started. Activate the online services under services management"

And in Services management it says license expired even though I have renewed the license and registered it to the vehicle.

I know it has communicated cause when I input the registration number in the car it says connection established on the we connect portal!

We connect portal and app getting no information from the car and says Sorry, unable to load data and oops something went wrong.

Any ideas? I have already raised the issue with VW who said it would be fixed in 48 hours but that time has passed 馃槖

Registered
Have you telephoned the We Connect helpdesk? I find them very helpful and far more knowledgeable than the typical VW dealer.

Registered
I have just bought a 2016 GTE and for a week I've been unable to get the car-net/we connect to work. Any ideas? I have already raised the issue with VW who said it would be fixed in 48 hours but that time has passed 馃槖
It could be worth trying resetting unit to factory settings although best to leave car switched off for about 45 mins and then come back to use configuration wizard, as seems to take this length of time before ability to input "primary user" becomes available again as "server" catches up.

Upon second thoughts when got in car today "world icon" next to clock in MIB 3 was "greyed out" three weeks after going through all the rigmarole of resetting unit and primary user needing to use VW Ident procedure to activate Android app, so I wouldn't bother as VW can't seem to get their act together.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just for follow up I did call the helpline and they were very helpful, the car had been deactivated after not having been paid for after the free trial period. It took them a week to fix the problem and reactivate the car though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts