Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, UVO has worked nicely since I've had the eNiro, which is a month now. Usually wouldn't start the heating on first attempt, but always second time round 🤷‍♂️

Now it won't do anything. Everything just responds, eventually, with "Car has not responded" or words to that effect. The map still shows the car sitting in the car-park at work, no trips are recorded since Friday morning. Battery level remains unchanged despite being charged.

Nothing that I'm aware of has changed - the app may have updated itself but I think that was prior to Friday.

Any ideas, suggestions, solutions please????

*Edited to correct the app name 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,866 Posts
Did you mean UVO?

Anyway, has your car been updated recently? Or what is your firmware? There were some issues reported after the purple update.

Also, I have never had problems with starting heating, charging, etc. BUT I always refresh the car status first! Any command sent after that just works.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, indeed UVO!!! Didn't look right as I typed it but wasn't sure why...

Car hasn't been updated since new, and although I don't have the software version to hand it's not the "purple" version!

Refresh does the same nothing... Used to respond within a few seconds, but now never...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get in the car, start it and look for the UVO signal strength, top right corner of the big screen? Do you have coverage?

And since you are already here, just go to the UVO app/widget, check the KIA live too. Report...
So it looks like maybe no signal? Don't suppose you know which network UVO runs on? (I know that EE and H3G are ok here, but don't have a Vodafone or O2 sim to check)

Software version page also attached.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,169 Posts
Yes that hole! Do it now, you know it makes sense :eek:
Forget your inhibitions and enjoy yourself :)
Peter

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I’m not certain, but I think nothing? I think it just fixes the things that have crashed. I used it once, can’t remember what happened so it can’t have been too traumatic.
Did you ever watch “The IT Crowd”? Chris O’Dowd had it right on!
Peter

Reactions: Todor

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Ah but what of the consequences to such frippery???

Seriously, what needs to be re-done after a reset?
Alternative answer....
I don’t know but you’ll be certain to find out 🥴
Peter

·
Registered
166 Posts
Of course your nearest 4G tower may be down - does your car see a signal when moved elsewhere? If that's the case, all the resetting in the world won't do anything until they fix the 4G equipment.

(I live in a not-spot, and quite frequently UVO won't respond when the car is parked in the drive).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, ok... some great answers!!!

I popped into our local town, where I know all networks get a reasonable signal. Still nothing.

So, without worrying or indeed thinking about the the future, I threw caution to the wind and went for it without a second thought! :cool:

It works! From no signal I almost immediately had full signal, Live services returned (I hadn't noticed they were missing, but...) and my trips have updated. Most importantly I can now warm my car remotely again. Bliss.

I think this isn't a reset so much as a reboot, since nothing needed doing afterwards.

Thank you all, I think this little glitch is resolved and any repeats will be a quick poke away from being fixed.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have had to reboot my Infotainment system twice, both times it was just weird, once some menus would not show, the other no sound from the speakers.

Again, this is a system with more "gadgets" poorly implemented, quantity, not quality. But again, it is an inexpensive car, so you don't expect the same amount of engineering investment. I really wish they had less features and better software, and had put more thought into the simple stuff, like retaining settings, and reducing unneeded complexity.

When I start my car, I have to re-enable several systems that were on when I stopped it, the screen changes, sport mode turns off, interior backup beeper goes back on, etc.

Greg

p.s. there's a reason our cars have a reset button, and Mercedes, Audi, BMW does not.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,866 Posts
I said reset button, meaning they felt compelled to put a reset button on the dash, i.e. they EXPECTED to have to use it.
The difference is in the user interface, but the results are the same. I have about 3 different ways to hard reset my mobile: buttons, menus, etc.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
976 Posts
I said reset button, meaning they felt compelled to put a reset button on the dash, i.e. they EXPECTED to have to use it.

Greg
As they all do, it's just a different way of doing it. There is no software without bugs, so every system can be reset in case strange things start happening. And I must say I prefer the method of having to fiddle with a pin than a combination of buttons, knobs and pedals that will surely require the manual to be consulted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts