Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Also dont forget, EvEzy have a VERY VERY long wait list for any of the vehicles. 4months later one of my friends is still waiting for a Zoe...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just had a quick look on autotrader and there are a few leaf models 8-10k. 24 kWh will do your mileage, get average mileage car low mileage is not necessarily ideal in ev world as the battery could have been left on full charge for extended periods this is a battery killer. Leaf spy will give you state of health.
Lots of advice on here and am sure someone close to your location would help to narrow down your choice and possibly loan the OBD to use with leaf spy.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,955 Posts
If you can find a ZOE that is 8 years old I’ll give you £100.

One was UK registered in Q4 of 2012. That technically makes it an 8 year old car.... so you can send the £100 via paypal if that helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've got a test drive booked on a Leaf this weekend just so i can get a feel for it.
@KenB I've had a brief look at OVO and it seems pretty good. The tariff is also a bit cheaper i think it was around 15p per kwh
I'm keeping an eye out on Leaf's around 2014

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I've got a test drive booked on a Leaf this weekend just so i can get a feel for it.
@KenB I've had a brief look at OVO and it seems pretty good. The tariff is also a bit cheaper i think it was around 15p per kwh
I'm keeping an eye out on Leaf's around 2014
If your thinking of OVO and a Leaf, maybe see about their V2G trial if you qualify... good way to charge for free effectively :)
And dont forget the referral code and that you get the polar Subscription for free as well as part of it

·
Zoe Devotee
7,955 Posts
You have to find it first. ;)

Also, I think your maths is a little off.

Registration is HN62KKX.

Registered in 2012, its now 2019. Which in registration sense is 7 years as they count complete years. but it was registered 31st October 2012, and its now 26th November 2019. 12-13 being its first year, 13-14 being its second year.... technically its now in 19-20 and into its 8th year. ;)

Still appears to be in regular use, ex-press car, Owned by a family based on its MOT (Child seat means seatbelt couldn't be tested), bet they don't even know they've got the UKs first Zoe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@dm57 Leaning towards a Tekna 2014 but looking around 9k for that. There's a couple on Used approved Nissan which give you 1 year warranty as well which isnt too bad
@Kingpleb1 that's interesting i'll look into OVO V2G trial, thanks

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Personally if you can push a bit more id look for a 30kwh unit. they come up a lot and buying used and not from a dealer will help. The warranty isn't really needed IMO, just keep it serviced(what there is to service is minimal) and issues are flagged up there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you can stretch to a 30 you have the added range which you may never use but over the long term will give you the required range for longer. (does that make sense?)
The only thing to get clear before buying is the state of health (SOH). OBDII dongle and leaf spy app will give you this information. As already stated there is not a lot to go wrong. My 2017 30 tekna had both wing mirrors replaced under warranty (squeaking) Just had the earth cable recall done no charge just inconvenience of taking to dealer and 2 hour wait. Done a few 600 mile round trips with no issues. I charge to 60-70% every couple of days in winter to cover commute and local trips. Use charge timer to be complete when I leave on long journey so battery is not sitting at 100% for long. Use myleaf app to turn on heating,seats and steering wheel on these cold mornings 15 minutes before leaving. I have 18K on clock in 30 months still have 12 bars on battery and SOH is 98%. On full charge GOM shows 126 miles but this goes down to 110 after about 5-7 miles. You will soon learn to drive economically and set yourself targets. Once you know what your car can do then you will have no issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
If you can stretch to a 30 you have the added range which you may never use but over the long term will give you the required range for longer. (does that make sense?)
The only thing to get clear before buying is the state of health (SOH). OBDII dongle and leaf spy app will give you this information. As already stated there is not a lot to go wrong. My 2017 30 tekna had both wing mirrors replaced under warranty (squeaking) Just had the earth cable recall done no charge just inconvenience of taking to dealer and 2 hour wait. Done a few 600 mile round trips with no issues. I charge to 60-70% every couple of days in winter to cover commute and local trips. Use charge timer to be complete when I leave on long journey so battery is not sitting at 100% for long. Use myleaf app to turn on heating,seats and steering wheel on these cold mornings 15 minutes before leaving. I have 18K on clock in 30 months still have 12 bars on battery and SOH is 98%. On full charge GOM shows 126 miles but this goes down to 110 after about 5-7 miles. You will soon learn to drive economically and set yourself targets. Once you know what your car can do then you will have no issues.
Totally agree with you with the 30kwh but i think its too much of a stretch for me its another 3k so around 12k, which is way over my budget. I'd probably do around 80 miles a week so can charge it once or twice if need be

Any recommendations on the OBDII dongle? is the leaf pro app the one thats needed? its £20

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I'll spend a bit of time going through the Leaf section of the forum. Will keep an eye out on the trader and ebay as well used approved Nissan but i guess you'd pay a bit more as they provide 12 months warranty.
@dk6780 do you know who provides chargepoint for less than £300?
I bought a used leaf a few years ago through @Miles Roberts and was delighted with it. Sensible pricing too. I had to get the train to Chorley to pick it up but that wasn't exactly difficult!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The more i read the more i want a 30kwh Leaf:unsure:
@Rooster-x Initially i was looking into both Leaf and Zoe's and finally kind of settled with a Leaf, thanks for that though
Its hard to stomach but its a much better car.
It can rapid charge quicker, has better range and has slightly, slightly newer infotainment system as well albeit maps still from 2016.
Its worth the extra stretch and high mile ones with good batteries can be had cheaply if you are quick to move and dont mind driving. DG sometimes have cheap ones, Ebay and Gumtree.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Totally agree with you with the 30kwh but i think its too much of a stretch for me its another 3k so around 12k, which is way over my budget. I'd probably do around 80 miles a week so can charge it once or twice if need be

Any recommendations on the OBDII dongle? is the leaf pro app the one thats needed? its £20
The free leafspy dongle will do and there is a thread on here with the reccomended dongle but i have used the LeLink dongle and have bought 3 of them(family and an old friend) and work well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
30kwh leafs with about 40k miles are hovering just over £10k, but if you’re doing 100 miles a week I would stick with a 24kwh model. Even the oldest 1st gen models owned by some on here are still doing 40 miles in a single charge.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts