Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,121 Posts
Registration is HN62KKX.

Registered in 2012, its now 2019. Which in registration sense is 7 years as they count complete years. but it was registered 31st October 2012, and its now 26th November 2019. 12-13 being its first year, 13-14 being its second year.... technically its now in 19-20 and into its 8th year. ;)

Still appears to be in regular use, ex-press car, Owned by a family based on its MOT (Child seat means seatbelt couldn't be tested), bet they don't even know they've got the UKs first Zoe.
"In 8th year" is not the same thing as "8 years old" haha

Otherwise say a 6 month old baby would be "1" because they're in their first year

·
Zoe Devotee
7,955 Posts
"In 8th year" is not the same thing as "8 years old" haha

Otherwise say a 6 month old baby would be "1" because they're in their first year
Its more than 7 years old, its in its 8th year! Cars are not children.

·
Zoe Devotee
7,955 Posts
@zed0077 if you do gravitate back towards a Zoe mine will be on the market in the new year. Will be well within your published budget. While its battery lease you'll have years of savings based on my sale price. ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is the dongle I bought from Amazon a couple of years ago.
Konnwei KW902 Bluetooth 3.0 Wireless Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner Scan Tool Compatible with Android and Windows ELM327 OBD2 OBDII
Be aware that some cheap ones are prone to not working chinese knockoff etc.
Leaf spy lite will give you SOH but not much else. Pro version is £12 on google play store. Use mine on android no problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
30kwh leafs with about 40k miles are hovering just over £10k, but if you’re doing 100 miles a week I would stick with a 24kwh model. Even the oldest 1st gen models owned by some on here are still doing 40 miles in a single charge.
Been looking for a few days now on autotrader and ebay, struggling to see anything around 10k 30kwh tbh, it might be because i'm looking for the tekna model

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I know this isn't the 30kwh one, i'm struggling to find a 30kwh tekna one within 11k. What do you all think of this one?

It's about 120 miles from me as i'm in Coventry. He mentioned the battery has 12 bars and i know from reading here 12 bars doesn't mean i'd get around 80 miles as the SOH might be around in the 80's. The person at Lookers Nissan did say if there is an issue with the battery it would be covered within the warranty. The warranty can also be extended for another 3 years if I remember correctly for around £500

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know this isn't the 30kwh one, i'm struggling to find a 30kwh tekna one within 11k. What do you all think of this one?

It's about 120 miles from me as i'm in Coventry. He mentioned the battery has 12 bars and i know from reading here 12 bars doesn't mean i'd get around 80 miles as the SOH might be around in the 80's. The person at Lookers Nissan did say if there is an issue with the battery it would be covered within the warranty. The warranty can also be extended for another 3 years if I remember correctly for around £500
Looks clean. I would take anything the salesman says with a pinch of salt, if it shows 12 bars it could still be just short of losing one bar. I'm not sure but I think the early 24's only have 5 year battery warranty, I could be wrong, sure someone on here will correct me. If you can check with leafspy that will answer a lot of questions.
You could ask them to fully charge it before you arrive for a test drive and see what mileage the GOM is showing. Link to owners manual below
There is an average energy efficiency screen which you can use to gauge the range. Page 2-28

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks for that @dm57 that's really helpful. Yes i've read on the forum that the 24kwh battery had a warranty of 5 years too but apparently the nissan approved warranty also covers the battery so if you take out the warranty for 3 years then the battery would also be covered. I've not read this anywhere but this was only verbally confirmed by the salesman.
I think I'll purchase the OBDII and get the leafspy first before heading out to look at the Leafs

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,668 Posts
Most of the driving is local and school runs so around 4k-5k a year.
Don't get a car at all. Get a bike and use a taxi if it is a bit further than you want to cycle or walk.

I suspect if you are honest with the cost, taxis might prove cheaper.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Cycle? ah man that reminds me of the cycle to work scheme I was going to sign up for around 5 years ago, its bringing back old memories :). Haven't cycled for around about .. umm 25 years:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
This was actually the OBDII diagnostic tool ive had for my car so not sure whether I can use this along with the leaf spy app, if someone can confirm that would be great :)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts