Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For last couple of days car has not found 4G signal ie staying offline. Done usual restart of infotainment system so has anyone done the remove fuse 19 trick?

looking for feedback, presume fuse 19 means no power to 4g system when removed so forces a restart.

sat nav still works, guess it has enough storage to hold uk and calculate routes even if offline.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
8,399 Posts
Yes, I had the same issue but hadn’t heard of the Fuse 19 trick then, so pulled the negative 12v lead instead.

Did the same thing though, it came straight back online.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,868 Posts
For last couple of days car has not found 4G signal ie staying offline. Done usual restart of infotainment system so has anyone done the remove fuse 19 trick?

looking for feedback, presume fuse 19 means no power to 4g system when removed so forces a restart.

sat nav still works, guess it has enough storage to hold uk and calculate routes even if offline.
The satnav and the 4G communications unit are two different systems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this issue over the weekend - and did the fuse 19 removal trick which fixed it.

Car off - remove the fuse - lock it / unlock - fuse back in - reset the nav (holding for 15 secs)

That’s what worked for me! Only took a couple minutes.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuse 19+20 removed left for 40 minutes while car locked, but no joy after putting fuses in and restarted infotainment.

had been online for 4 weeks but as in middle of a season of needing car not going to take it in anywhere for them to delve further for now

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Interesting just opened id3 app and it has state of charge right and knows car is charging. Gone into car and we are back online - single bar signal that may not have been helping.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st Edition
513 Posts
I had the same issue but mine was actually a lot more complicated as I had to get the dealer to do the 2.0 update and some Hotfix's as instructed by VW it took them a week and a half to get it sorted but finally got the car back today!

I wasn't getting any connectivity and my SOS function didn't work at all either for reference. I had tried the fuse pulling method but that made no difference at all in my case.

On the drive home it all behaved so I am hopeful but only time will tell really.

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
499 Posts
just had the problem on my ID4... happened same day as I finished my 90 day data trial (coincidently) and the fuse trick worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts