Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

New here and ready to embrace the EV community!

So, since I live in London and work mostly in London,i though about getiing a used 24kw Tekna to commute in the city, and I have around 3 to 4 charge points in a 3 miles radius close to home, so I got good cover.

Tomorrow I am going to see a used Leaf in a Nissan dealer in Eastbourne, I already negociate with them for the PCP, etc, so probably I will close the deal if I like the car.

The problem I have is that in the price is not included delivery to my home address, so my option is drive it to London, about 90 miles, or I need to find some transport company.
And I am really consider the second option, because I never drove in UK (and in the other side of the road ), so I dont feel quite prepare to do a 90 miles trip without any experience to drive in this country.

If someone can give some sugestions or point to a transport company that can bring the car to London, with a fair quotation, i would be much appreciate.
I rather prefer to pay for deliver that risk to have any accident on way home! :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
It's a nice drive up the A22.

You must be in North London, because I'm in South London and Eastbourne is 53 miles away.

To be honest I would drive it up. It's a nice gentle journey and you will have time to get used to driving on the correct side of the road and get used to the Leaf before you have to start driving in in London. It's about 43 miles to the M25 from Eastbourne.

You will need to charge on the way though. 90 miles on a single charge driving for the first time is pushing it in a Leaf24.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Mike,

Nice to meet you and thanks for quick reply.

Yes, I am in North London.
I just got a quotation from a transport company thru this online website Uship, but the price is £145 !
I am sure if I contact some other companies I get a cheaper price....

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
339 Posts
You could ask the selling dealer, they may have a contact who would deliver the car for you.

·
Registered
15,783 Posts
I drove my Zoe 300 miles from the dealership to my home on the day of pickup. 90 miles won't be a problem if you plan the route properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove my Zoe 300 miles from the dealership to my home on the day of pickup. 90 miles won't be a problem if you plan the route properly.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, its not a distance that worries me, its the inexperience of not driving in the UK and on the other side of the road. :)

·
The best there is at what I do
10,651 Posts
HI Mike,

Nice to meet you and thanks for quick reply.

Yes, I am in North London.
I just got a quotation from a transport company thru this online website Uship, but the price is £145 !
I am sure if I contact some other companies I get a cheaper price....
I doubt you will get it much cheaper, you might get someone with a trailer to do it for £1 a mile but even then that would be pushing it remember that 90 miles is 180 mile round trip for a delivery firm.

I'd drive it up, take it slow and plan your route out and have an adventure, maybe get someone to go with you so you can follow them back it would be cheaper.

If you really want it delivered ring Steve on 07584936379, he is in Reading, highly recommended.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i just got a company that can bring the Leaf for £100, so i guess better deal that this one, will be hard to find.
Anyway, in the back of my mind there's the desire to just suck it up and make the adventure to drive it myself way back home.

In any case, tomorrow I am still going to do a test drive with the car dealer, and will see how it goes....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome to the forum Zobi and good luck driving back home, it will be an adventure but quite doable, just plan your route and charging places, make sure you have the relevant cards or apps for the chargers you decide are good for your journey.
For me the trauma would be not the journey home the driving in London, as an island dweller city life is just too frantic for me.
Keep us all posted on your success.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts