Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just walked past my (unplugged) car on the drive and one of the green charge lights was on, and also a little red light on top of the dash. What does that mean?

(and is the little red light always there? I hadn't noticed it before)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Red light indicates that the anti theft system is active. The green charging light was probably the Battery Saver Active. When active one of the green dashboard lights illuminates to let you know. If Battery Saver is active I believe the manual says it activates for 20 minutes every 24 hours to keep the aux battery charged.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where did you come up with that theory? I have not seen anything in the owner manual that would indicate those green charge LED lights are supposed to stay lit even when the car is unplugged. The manual does state that if the battery saver function was actually run, you would see a message in the instrument cluster and that it would only run for 20 minutes.

I have seen the same behavior as rosinchard but in my case I don't think it had anything to do with battery saver. It was probably just another of the Niro's many software bugs. In my case the instrument cluster was also stuck displaying 'P' and this lasted for over an hour after I unplugged the cable following a canceled charge. Most likely it would have lasted indefinitely so I manually reset the system by pressing lock on the remote.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Only got the US manual currently but it includes

Lamp (1)Lamp (2)Lamp (3)
○ (OFF)○ (OFF)○ (OFF)Not Charged
Blinking○ (OFF)○ (OFF)Charging 0~33%
● (ON)Blinking○ (OFF)Charging 34~66%
● (ON)● (ON)BlinkingCharging 67~99%
● (ON)● (ON)● (ON)Charging complete (100%) (turns OFF in 5 seconds)
BlinkingBlinkingBlinkingError while charging
○ (OFF)○ (OFF)BlinkingCharging 12 V auxiliary battery or reserved air conditioner is operating
○ (OFF)Blinking○ (OFF)Reserved charging is operating (turns OFF after 3 minutes) or interruptions that temporarily prevent charging (e.g. power failure)

The last but one row seems to be relevant?

·
Registered
65 Posts
In my case lamp 2 was stuck blinking with the other 2 off. That's why I don't think it had anything to do with 12 battery saver. Prior to it getting stuck, I unplugged the cable after unlocking it with the remote and aborting an in-progress scheduled charge. Most likely this was supposed to turn off after 3 minutes as indicated by the last row but got stuck because of some software bug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts