Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, First time poster here.

I was thinking of taking my ZS through the automatic car wash at the local Morrisons. My only worry is the rollers popping up the front plate covering the charging port when they go over then snapping it off when they go back.
I was just wondering If anyone has taken there's though an automatic car wash and if so was it okay?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
7,197 Posts
Did a similar issue happen with your previous cars with the fuel filler flap? Just wondering? :unsure:

Apart from swirl marks in the paint you'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did a similar issue happen with your previous cars with the fuel filler flap? Just wondering? :unsure:

Apart from swirl marks in the paint you'll be fine.
no just they were all on the side and latched from inside, where as this on is a push to pop.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
if the doors are locked, the charge flap should also be locked closed so pressing on the flap shouldn't cause it to spring open

good point though.

do remember to take off the aerial.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Personally I avoid using car washes. It's really not that hard to keep them clean, and the more polished the car the easier it is to wash of tiff dirt.
I use the one-bucket-excessive-soapy-water technique. Just ensure the sponge is oversaturated so it doesn't have a chance to pick up the dirt :)

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
4,986 Posts
I watched the ICE in front of me going into the wash the other day (one of those that pulls you through) and the guy was jet washing the rear as it entered. The filler flap popped open and the guy just washed it closed again.:eek::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,764 Posts
Hand car washes are beginning to re-open now. Probably less likely to trash a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts