Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When washing the underside of the doors be sure to rub sponge / leather from front to back only as the grommets in the drainage holes can easily be dragged out going back to front, I have lost one already since taking delivery on the 1st May.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It appears the grommets on the underside of the doors fill holes which may be tooling holes, not drainage holes as previously posted.
Are these grommets the ones scottf200 refers to on his post re: sound proofing? Very interesting posts scott, thanks.
The Vauxhall dealer has ordered a replacement grommet, due in next week.
In future I will take care when cleaning the underside of the doors.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Yes, very interesting post fropm Scottf200, thx

In spite of your post Brian I caught one when cleaning. Fortunately no harm done but well worth remembering.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having accidently pulled out a grommet on the underside of a door, my dealer supplied a replacement grommet plus three others, free of charge :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Stubborn dark staining streaks on sills at door corners. They survive quite a lot of direct soapy sponge attention on my white one - wondering what is special about drain water in these corners to make it so stubborn and what the best solvent might be to remove them without damaging the paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts