Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Latest last update:

I replaced the PDM (Costed $4.5k total. $3k for the part and whatever left for the service/diagnostics) and it solved the problem. Not the most ideal. Not the quick and easy or cheap fix but sometimes it just comes down to that. Nissan tech told me he's never seen anything like this happen before in all his years working there so hopefully it's a problem that doesn't happen again. 馃馃徏#LongLiveBasil

Registered
I would write to Nissan customer service and see if you can get any sort of good will gesture out of them. I would argue with them the part was not fit for purpose if it only lasted was it 9 years you said the car is? Anyway you'll be surprised what the manufacturer might offer. If you up for the battle some people can get the whole cost paid for by threatening legal action etc. But normal scenario make a nice sob story of how your disappointment such an expensive component has failed so early in its lifetime and having to pay for it has caused you financial hardship etc etc and you might get a few $ back

Registered
Nissan Leaf 24KWh Hypercar
Latest last update:

I replaced the PDM (Costed $4.5k total. $3k for the part and whatever left for the service/diagnostics) and it solved the problem. Not the most ideal. Not the quick and easy or cheap fix but sometimes it just comes down to that. Nissan tech told me he's never seen anything like this happen before in all his years working there so hopefully it's a problem that doesn't happen again. 馃馃徏#LongLiveBasil
I am glad you got it sorted and have my sympathies for the amount of money you had to pay out to get it fixed. Hopefully you can now enjoy your car.

For everyone else reading this with a Leaf, I think this shows why getting a warranty for your Leaf makes a lot of sense. I am paying 拢13.30 a month for a warranty that I ensured specifically covers these high value parts that perhaps are not likely to break but when they do can be financially crippling.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts